First chair carving & a mango table

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pastryguyhawaii

pastryguyhawaii

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I posted these in the chainsaw section but thought I'd put them here, too. The chair was carved from a single piece of ohia. The mango table was cut from ground level on a odd shaped mango tree I cut down. It was also the smelliest wood I've yet to cut. A bit barnyardish.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

carvinmark

carvinmark

Addicted to ArboristSite
Thank-you. I find carving to be a lot of fun. I've already started another chair and will try to improve on what I don't like about the first. I don't know if doing those amazing carvings like you do is in me but you have to start somewhere.

Well thank you. We all start somewhere and I think you have a good start happening.

lumberjackchef

lumberjackchef

Addicted to ArboristSite
I posted these in the chainsaw section but thought I'd put them here, too. The chair was carved from a single piece of ohia. The mango table was cut from ground level on a odd shaped mango tree I cut down. It was also the smelliest wood I've yet to cut. A bit barnyardish.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
Man that color is intense, love the unique shapes in your furniture! But my smell-a-vision is broken:hmm3grin2orange:, when you say smelliest describe that for us a little. What kinda smell does it have exactly. Does it actually have the same fragrance as the fruit?

pastryguyhawaii

pastryguyhawaii

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Man that color is intense, love the unique shapes in your furniture! But my smell-a-vision is broken:hmm3grin2orange:, when you say smelliest describe that for us a little. What kinda smell does it have exactly. Does it actually have the same fragrance as the fruit?

Thank-you. This was my first experience with mango so I don't know if all fresh cut has that smell. It smelled just like a barnyard (with cows). It was very sappy wood and the smell went away as it dried but it was pretty strong for a while.