First impression of the Stihl 241c

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Run one for an 8hr day , you'll know then .

eaIbhxANXgt3JOidVob4P3F2IW5Q0efoieHEQgzdJLFldd7nZ8o90Be672pGIhAq0hsrZI3X4QM=w3000-h1688-rw-no

3Lqwp4-pvFqC05iLgssTeHUmE3Tfvfbqh9ppxsIy-FkeETbFusRQWOJeWyiJXAQ4pIQusygvbB4=w3000-h1688-rw-no

Not brand bashing , it just works .
Stihl Crazy has blocked more than 60 cord of hardwood with his .

Did you see that trailer load and that fence row full of wood he cut with just two tanks? my earthquake won't do that.:clap: LOL

I can buy 2 Dolmar 421s for that. It may be the best saw since sliced bread, buts a damned lot of bread. I'll stick with my 421, thank you very much. There is something at play in the equation and it's called value. Value does not mean the cheapest price but it does mean the best bang for the buck and that is too much bang for this cowboy. I wouldn't even pay 650 for one. No tanks

Anybody know what maximum unloaded rpm is on these? Doesn't seem to rev out as much as my 550 did when stock when I did a quick piss rev. Then again I'm just getting into tank #2.

I find that when you start cutting with it a few minutes will go by before it runs up to full rpms then you're good to go all day long, next day back to the same , kinda like it has to get it's parameters in order for the day .
I found that it was polly 10 to 15 tanks before it got to where it is now.
I forgot to mention that I thot I had a major issue with the saw, it wouldn't start for me once this winter.
About 6 months of running the saw I ran it all day Saturday ,it worked perfectly , Sunday started out great and then hard to start on the second tank, shut it off to move some brush then no go .
Thot that I'd have to find out how good the warranty was Monday, I brought it to work, thot I'd best have a look for a plugged fuel filter , nothing wrong there, figured I'd best check the plug next, pulled the the top cover ,,,,,,,, blew the dust out of the air filter and I was back in business lol
The saw had worked the same right up till it couldn't get enough air to let it run , I check it more often since that nonevent lol

Mighty Mouse Logging LLC

The Mtronic takes a few more pulls to get going but once it's warm seems to idle smoother than my autotune saws. I think this is the smoothest idling saw I've ever operated.

I put another 3/4 tank through it today. Every day I get closer anyhow.

I'm not going to mess with this saw, it works just fine as is , I have the ported 026's and then bigger and faster saws if needed , it's a 42 c saw , balanced fine and works for me , it may break down someday but till then I'll leave it be.

Mighty Mouse Logging LLC

Nother couple tanks through this little guy yesterday. Stump grinder was here and one of the stumps I needed out still had the tree attached. So I dropped it real quick and then grabbed little buddy to slice it up. I didn't get any pictures because I had to make room for the grinder, but the majority of cuts were using all 12" of the bar.

986607accae3f6aa0f4d2d080c6839bb.jpg

Back