First milling experience

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So.... Success then? :laugh:
That's some sexy wood right there. I showed my wife and said "look at that crotch". I don't think she found it as funny as I did. Nice work.

I think the crotch is beautiful. The ladies will love it more as soon as it is made into some nice furniture. I made a guide for my hand planer because power feed planer is only 12'' wide. I used some 2X2 angle iron is there a better way? Thanks

That is the first time I saw a router planer sled. My 3 1/2 planer is used about the same as the sled for a router. When you are careful with the hand planer it can produce a finish that does not need any sanding. But very good to know. Thanks

I think the crotch is beautiful. The ladies will love it more as soon as it is made into some nice furniture. I made a guide for my hand planer because power feed planer is only 12'' wide. I used some 2X2 angle iron is there a better way? Thanks
Search ; Router Planing on this sight or Google it is a better means from my limited experience. The side rails need to be xzackly in the same plane to make a flat level surface on the plank, the box that the router rides in needs similar trueness for the flat bit to give what you want. Like milling set-up eats time but time spent well for the results we can get! The 1st build of semi permanent system will learn you a lot. Good fortune to you in your endeavers

Back