First time haulin' in the pickup

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll tell ya' what Blazin,
I need to move some more wood in the house tomorrow.
Rather than the little tractor and trailer I'll use the truck... and take a picture just for you!!! :rock:

Bout time, and don't hose the tires before you take the pic..

I noted the extreme off road advantage they mentioned but didn't look like anyone here was doing any thing very extreme.

Pic of DSS' aforementioned snow plow rig. Courtesy of the Good Morning Check In thread. Note the radial tires. Hope it works OK off road.

e9a2ared.jpg

Wild Country. Hahahaha. Is that like George Jones? Haha. I think so.

Side lugs on a radial tire? Oh my! I thought they only came on them high traction bias tires! (Wild Country is more like Hank Jr./Justin Moore than ole George BTW)

Dang Steve, with all due respect, can I use that one in my signature? Hahaha. Good one. I wish the seventies wanted me back.

Feel free! Although the front fenders on the Chev say you're in the 80s.

PS - I'm certain those automatic hubs are NOT Spidey approved.

Them auto hubs ain't approved by me either, lockouts all the way here when there's a choice. My 85 K20 yard rig did have them, now it's sportin full time plugs :clap:

Side lugs on a radial tire? Oh my! I thought they only came on them high traction bias tires! (Wild Country is more like Hank Jr./Justin Moore than ole George BTW)
Check.

Feel free! Although the front fenders on the Chev say you're in the 80s.
It's a 1983 barn find with 33,000 actual miles. K2500

Look closer at the Dodge ones, I dunno if Dodge is Spidy approve or not. Don't matter, just point it'll go.

It's a 1983 barn find with 33,000 actual miles. K2500

You suck! :msp_w00t: I'm looking for one of them early 80's unmolested and not rotted to crap K20's, just can't bring myself to buy one of them new car/trucks.

You suck! :msp_w00t: I'm looking for one of them early 80's unmolested and not rotted to crap K20's, just can't bring myself to buy one of them new car/trucks.

Er, yeah K20. It was the find of a lifetime. The old boy was an electrician with health issues. He bought it new up in Quincy Illinois. I went to school with his daughter, the guys used to get her to fly out the Mcdonald's parking lot and jump snow drift in it. So them miles are deceptive, you can't hurt 'em though they were built right. Corporate axles, 350/350. I'm working on a OBD1 Winnebago 350 EFI for it since it sat 12 years in a heated lumberyard barn, I want to freshen up some thang on the old four-bolt. You know showin' the old girl some luv..

Ya' got that right... I swapped mine out the day I brought it home!!

OK boys, it's the moment of truth.

I looked for the deepest snow on the place and found it in my "logging" road that runs along the west edge of the woodlot... it sort'a drifts in there. Half way down the road I rolled to a stop and took the picture. I see the left rear picked up a tad bit of snow just as it rolled to a stop, but the rest of the tire(s) self-cleaned... INCLUDING THE CENTER TREAD!

attachment.php

attachment.php

I finished my trip through the woodlot and turned into the field looking for mud. All I could find was a bit just before I turned into the yard. I didn't stop and take pictures because it wasn't all that spectacular. The ground was froze solid under it so the mud was only about 2-inches deep... besides, I didn't feel like loading my boots with mud. Anyway, you can see the tires didn't pick up any of that mud... INCLUDING THE CENTER TREAD!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Funniest thing... as I came across the yard ice to park it the rear end slipped a little sideways. I looked down... and guess what? I hadn't put it in 4-wheel drive! I'd just assumed it was still in 4x4 mode from getting the wood at the MIL's. Didn't matter one wit, I never slipped a tire until I hit the ice anyway... try that with your radials (in 2-wheel drive). Heck you're even welcome to run in the tracks I left ya'! :msp_tongue:

Blazin, man, I'm gonna haft'a break my promise to ya', I can't use the truck to bring wood up to the house. We've had a bit of sun and combined with the warmth around the foundation the area I'd need to back into is a mud hole. No, I ain't worried about getting stuck... I don't wanna' tear the yard all to heck.

attachment.php

Last edited:

She gets lockouts, too.

I was 12 when this ol' girl was made. I distinctly remember the old fart's objection over the way ever thing was being made. Now we are the old fart. And the way something was made in 1983 was not as bad as we was told.

She gets lockouts, too.

I was 12 when this ol' girl was made. I distinctly remember the old fart's objection over the way ever thing was being made. Now we are the old fart. And the way something was made in 1983 was not as bad as we was told.

lol this is true to all young/old farts as time creeps up on us all... give the "NEW JUNK" a few decades and the '"NEW JUNK"
just became the best that was ever produced??? produced, till the next new piece of "FUTURE JUNK"... LOL JUST LIKE MY OLD/NEW PIECE OF JUNK 1990 FORD F-150 WITH AUTO LOCKING HUBS....:clap:

This is the best I could do for ya' Blazin... hope it eases the picture withdrawals a bit

I tried some radial snow tires once on an 1985 LTD (because it had radials on it), even had 'em studded... worthless crap. Took 'em off and put real snow tires on the rear... real bias ply snow tires (and didn't stud them). But I found a use for those radials, I put 'em on the little trailer... they load-up with snow and mud, then roll over the top so the little tractor don't need to pull as hard. At least they're good for something.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

If I don't load the trailer too much those silly radials will pretty much roll right over the top of sloppy mud.

attachment.php

Just gotta' love how those silly street tires load up and become slicks!
Good thing a trailer don't need traction... huh?

attachment.php

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back