First time I picked up a saw since last fall

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GM-GUY

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
:rock:

I love cutting trees, the whole thing, felling, limbing, bucking, carting it away; just a great time and beats the hell out of gym membership.

I took down 1 pine today before the wind picked up (from the wrong direction). Probably just shy of 20" butt, I used the 16" bar anyway. Fell exactly where I wanted (all the brush at the top is within 30 feet of my burn pile) - bucked it all stove length, my neighbor has an OWBF and said he would use it. I'll haul it to the road and he can come get it with his pickup.

Just a nice day to be outside, working in a T-shirt.

Walked it, the next one I have on the schedule is definitely bigger, I'm going to swap to the 20" bar for felling.

This one also has an odd bend in it about chest height, almost like it had another tree across it when it was young. Rather than cutting below the bend, I'm going to work high for the felling cuts then cut the remaining 5 feet of butt - I've seen trees do some squirrely things when cutting below a bend.

Latest posts

Back