first unit complete

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bullbuck

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
couple of you had showed some interest in the stewardship sale we started,well we just wrapped our first 120 acre unit up,it took us right at 6 weeks,i believe we hauled 84 loads of some decent logs,it was interesting skidding we are not mechanized we have 2 choker d6s and a 380b timberjack grapple,we fell the saw logs and 5 to 9 inch dbh all tree length,they would allow us to buck the first 33'out in the woods but that was it,all the brush came in and th 5 to 9 had to be decked at the roadway for firewoodwooders,the brushpiles got pretty damn big but the woods looked really good for the amount of volume taken out...boy there was alot of 5to9,i would bunch with the cat for the grapple to run them into the landing,he would drop them off short of the road,and the cutter/landing men would work em up buck the tops out and then the grapple would grab the merch and continue to the road where we would sort and load.it was a learning experience.but we are back in a regular logging unit this week and from my viewpoint as my pay does not vary for the different units,i prefer just logging for sure:greenchainsaw:

Where's the stewardship unit you just finished?
Did you have to work up the 5 to 9" stuff, or leave it whole tree?
Inquiring minds want to know. :)

Andy

gonna try to answer two posts at once,well andy 5to 9 i was told no,it only had to be decked at the roadway tree length,but george opposed that he wanted it bucked and redecked,wich i opposed because why do anything you dont have to but he dint see it that way,i will just keep my mouth shut from now on...anyways metals and andy we are gonna strt our second unit maybe wed.?anyways this one sounds like its gonna have some volume involved,we will see,but i will take pics...i just have not figured how to get em shrunk to below 300kb i have a hard time w computers...but i will post our setup soon my brother promised to show me how:clap:ohh and i almost forgot andy the first unit was up in spud patch almost to sixteen sprngs.

Yep, spud patch has a lot of 5 to 9" stuff.

On the pictures, I'm pretty dumb on these things too. I use photobucket, they do the resizing for you, and you don't have to upload a picture but once if you want to post it in different places.

Andy

Where's the stewardship unit you just finished?
Did you have to work up the 5 to 9" stuff, or leave it whole tree?
Inquiring minds want to know. :)

Andy

you know now that i think about it there might be some work there for your machines?i decked som e real nice firewood,and the reservation forestry is involved w it so some logic is applied its not just f.s.,you might look into it?they are supposed to be drop and lop the 1 to 5 as we speak on the last unit,there might be some money there?

Back