Flip Line Mod.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frans

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I spliced another 8' flip line last night
Using alum. snaps w/ cut down plastic thimbles.
Then I put 3' of hydrolic hose sleeve protector over it.
The thing works great. What I did'nt realize was the flip line moves real smooth through the sleeve- It allows me to move back and forth with little friction around the trunk/branch.

Becouse the sleeve is 3' I can check out the line with no problems for nicks or tears

Frans
TOL "Top of the Line"

three feet?

i noticed you said you put a 3 foot tube on it for chafe protection (i assume). i OFTEN need to cinch down my flipline considerably less than 3 feet. do you never encounter this?

love
nick

the Sleeve flip line protectors will "scrunch" up and become shorter than 2' if necessary.
However the set up is good for what it is. No piece of equipment is good for all situations.
I remember at an arial rescue class I had on my pruning Komet saddle with a Black Diamond plastic biner attached to the belt for hanging my saw on. (kinda like a pistol holster), This guy asked me "how can you hang a big saw off off that?
Well I could if needed but why? I just use a different set of equipment, heavier saddle, wire core flip line etc etc.
The ability to change over and use different tools for different situations is essential (in my opinion) to good climbing and rigging.

Frans

"How can you call yourself an Arborist and not use a CAMBIUM SAVER"?

Back