Flip or restore/rebuild a stihl 041AV

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clean up and flip or restore and keep...

• Flip...

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Keep...

Votes: 9 69.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

outdoorlivin247

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Just picked up two 041AV's and a MS290 for $25...The MS290 was run over by a truck and broke the handle, but should be an easy fix to fund the project...The 041's need some help, but really don't look that bad other than neither one is complete...Trying to decide if I should just build a saw to flip or restore a classic saw to just have around..Thanks in advance for the advice...

flip the 290 . keep the other 041,s. Best of luck I have to many I sold my 046 and regret it but now I have picked up a 038 mag II . so it all works out.

Got the 290 running, needs a rear handle and a fuel line...The piston on the exhuast side didn't look the best...The pistons in the 041's both look good and the both have good spark...Wife had to go to work, so got to watch the boys and I have a hunderd things to do this weekend so I don't know when I will get back to them...

That's great I have a 5 -6 year old so wife has to work on Saturdays I can understand your time thing. well best of luck hope you can squeeze some time in for the chainsaw. and i,m sure you will fig-er out what the best thing for you is anyway if you could keep them all that's all ways the best!!!! my wife count,s my chainsaw,s like i,m drinking beer at a family functions. how many chainsaw do you need??? the answer is always the same ( JUST ONE MORE ) you know the deal!!!!!! best of luck Bill :cheers: :laugh: :eek:uttahere:

Just had one of the 041's running...Didn't take much...Now I need to rob parts to start the other one and make a decision on which one to keep...

WOW ! wish I could run across a deal like that, I'd like to have a o41 av want to sell one,even the parts one ? I do have some extra parts I think the top cover thanks Duke

Back