Flooded Oak

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brncreeper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Been wanting to shore up some more oak firewood. My dad and I got this one salvaged today. It was full of sand, I went through two chains on the 346 and two chains on the 575. Had to wear hip waders, mostly stood on the tree to make the cuts. The old Farmall 756 just barely got stuff pulled out. Good solid wood!!!

Yep, he sure was. The bank on each side really took a toll. You can kind of see the tile line in the background that got washed out.

Nice job

It looks like there was a lot of water going down that creek. Where I am (Marble Rock) the Shell Rock was much higher than anyone living has ever seen it. I suspect that has never been that high ever. We had project AWARE come through here and they picked up TONS of junk from the river, but there was so much that they couldn't get. Where in Iowa are you? JR

It looks like there was a lot of water going down that creek. Where I am (Marble Rock) the Shell Rock was much higher than anyone living has ever seen it. I suspect that has never been that high ever. We had project AWARE come through here and they picked up TONS of junk from the river, but there was so much that they couldn't get. Where in Iowa are you? JR

Yeah, everyone got hit pretty hard from the flood this year. I helped sandbag in CedarFalls, luckily our home was high and dry. I live in Waterloo, the oak project was a mile East of Reinbeck. My wife and I have canoed the Shell Rock, West Fork, and Cedar rivers.

Gtg???

JR is in Marble Rock
brncreeper is in Waterloo
lumberinspector is in Jesup
Monte (forgot his AS handle) is in Dubuque
Ramnod is in Newton
Bill G is just across the river from Clinton
I live in Dike

Surely there has to be somewhere and some time we can get together for some cutting and chatting.

JR, you still have big logs that need to be cut up?

brncreeper, which creek?

I've got three smallish trees here in town to get yet this fall, but I'm thinking of waiting for the leaves to drop for the two live ones.

Mark

Any of you Iowa boys live near or been through Keosauqua? I helped take down and replace the bridge on the south side of that town over the Des Moines River. That was a wild project! That river doesnt mess around!

JR is in Marble Rock
brncreeper is in Waterloo
lumberinspector is in Jesup
Monte (forgot his AS handle) is in Dubuque
Ramnod is in Newton
Bill G is just across the river from Clinton
I live in Dike

Surely there has to be somewhere and some time we can get together for some cutting and chatting.

JR, you still have big logs that need to be cut up?

brncreeper, which creek?

I've got three smallish trees here in town to get yet this fall, but I'm thinking of waiting for the leaves to drop for the two live ones.

Mark

Come to Reinbeck, I checked with my dad, he said "come on out". They live on an acreage a mile and a half East of Reinbeck on highway 175, plenty of parking, plenty of Oak and some Locust to cut up. How about it, last weekend in September?

Back