Flush cuts fraud?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebelman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had any stories to tell where so called professionals got "called on the carpet", or legally punished, publicly reprimanded for obviously bad pruning.

in many tree city U.S.A municipalities it is unlawfull to top a tree,,,you might get your business license revoked and/or fined

So I guess a Crown Reduction & pulling the ends to laterals 1/3 while not removing more than 1/3 of the overall structure of the tree would not pass in Tree City either?

Its a shame that the hacks out there have made it so professionals have a hard time.

LXT.........

So I guess a Crown Reduction & pulling the ends to laterals 1/3 while not removing more than 1/3 of the overall structure of the tree would not pass in Tree City either?

Its a shame that the hacks out there have made it so professionals have a hard time.

LXT.........
the industry(I.S.A.)does say now that you can cut back to a lateral 1/3 the size of the main and can only reduce grown by no more than 1/3

I am always shocked at some of thecuts I see I have a small tree service but I cut stumps for several landscapers and carpenters and some of the trimming ive seen these guys do is horrible stripped bark foot long stubs its really amazing that somebody paid them for that

I've seen some good stories Seer told, and Ekka used this site to out a chump. These are the threads that warm my heart. Even if it's just a spike pruner fired, or a contract dropped because of a flush cut. if this got around maybe the hacks would pick up the quality some. I think that when one company gives a bid in writing to use ANSI standard or certified methods and then another company under bids promising the same thing, but delivers only a few hurried flush cuts, that is fraud.

One week we were working off and on at a apartment community. For a section of the job, we were parked doing the work from the next door church parking lot. They were fine with this. A couple days later the city forrester calls us up and asks what we did to the church? We said nothing, but mention how we were working next door. Turns out the church got some volunteers together and had a tree trimming party. Now, for the most part they did select appropraite limbs, BUT I swear they flush cut everything. Just a whole row of 20 year old ash trees in their prime with massive amounts of scars. Was nasty

Latest posts

Back