Flywheel stuck stihl 075

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kane98

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I need som help getting this flywheel off. It is stuck bad.. the threads in the flywheel are striped so that puller is no good.. ive tried a air hammer and also a punch on the the end of the shaft… no luck… used another puller that bolts to flywheel with no luck.. never had one like this..am I missing something? It should come off like any other flywheel right? I don’t see anything holding it like a bolt or anything.… any help would be great.. Thanks for your time,
Dale

Melt a crayon into the taper, use a bit of heat on the whole thing, and then give it a few good whacks. That's what worked on a 660 I tore down that had a very stuck flywheel. Just don't forget to clean the tapers well before re-assembly like I did or you'll snap the flywheel key midway through a cut.

Melt a crayon into the taper, use a bit of heat on the whole thing, and then give it a few good whacks. That's what worked on a 660 I tore down that had a very stuck flywheel. Just don't forget to clean the tapers well before re-assembly like I did or you'll snap the flywheel key midway through a cut.
I’ll give it try… never had one this bad before. I’ve hit this thing dozens of time with everything I have. But I’ll add some heat to it and see what happens.

Before I got smart and started using flywheel pullers, I also used an air hammer, just a real quick blip with the hammer is all it would usually take, but I ALWAYS combined that with prying behind the flywheel at the same time. Sometimes it was handy to have a helper, one to give persuasion on the prying end, and I would just hit it real quick with the hammer. Now I only mention this because if you aren't combining your air hammer efforts with some prying, it will probably not move. Just be careful not to pry too hard! Just my 2 cents......

I hang the saw by the flywheel with some wire or rope behind the flywheel then heat around the crankshaft while the saw is hanging by the wire give the end of the crank a wack but make sure you leave the nut on flush with the end of the crank so the threads are not damaged

Latest posts

Back