Foot Wear...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kah68

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey people, I want to buy some boots for doing trail work, brushing, limbing, and a bit of felling. They will be used spring, summer and fall and I would like something comfortable and not too hot(if there is such a thing).

Red Wing Loggers. best boots in the whole world in my opinion. they are about 325$ here in upstate NY. dont be fooled there are many imatations that dont last.

Hoffman smoke chasers is what I just bought a few weeks ago. Very well built in Idaho. I got mine straight from them. They made it in 3 days and were $250. The ebay seller that has hoffman and nicks is the hoffman factory. I was going to get some vibergs but they were over $400 with shipping.

my brother swears by nicks, but I haven't made it to the store to get measured yet...it's a 3 day drive

I wear danner acadias (hot weather) every season but blizzard, and have a pair of goretex ones for wet jobs...I like em', but then I wore them for several years while working for Uncle Sugar.

whatever you get, I'd recommend something with a stitchdown sole that is rebuildable/recraftable.

Hey people, I want to buy some boots for doing trail work, brushing, limbing, and a bit of felling. They will be used spring, summer and fall and I would like something comfortable and not too hot(if there is such a thing).

For what your looking for head over to Marks and get a pair of 529's or something similar, dedicated chainsawboots up here are the tall rubber or pac style boots, not very practical in warmer conditions. Any work boot thats comfortable with a steel toe cap will fit your need.

Hoffman smoke chasers is what I just bought a few weeks ago. Very well built in Idaho. I got mine straight from them. They made it in 3 days and were $250. The ebay seller that has hoffman and nicks is the hoffman factory. I was going to get some vibergs but they were over $400 with shipping.

That looks like a really good deal. Nice looking boots at a great price. Are they rebuild able?

I can't seem to find boots to last me more than a year. I went through a pair of Georgia loggers last year and tried these Carolina boots this year. I hope these make it through.

I've tried alot of different companies, but have never spent over 200 bucks on a pair. Even MuckBoots won't last me but a year. My feet are really wide and I wear 14s. the sides always bust out. :angry:

Anthony it might be worth while to try some hoffmans, wesco, viberg or something like that. They will have a size to fit you right. I wear a 9.5 4E so boots off the shelf don't fit me right either. I don't wear my boots for the woods every day so I should see a couple years out of them easy I hope.

Anthony it might be worth while to try some hoffmans, wesco, viberg or something like that. They will have a size to fit you right. I wear a 9.5 4E so boots off the shelf don't fit me right either. I don't wear my boots for the woods every day so I should see a couple years out of them easy I hope.

I think I will next time. I have heck with boots, but the farm enviornment is pretty hard on them, especially every day. i try to keep them cleaned but I'd have to wash them everyday. I usually try to once a week anyways. The Carolina waterproofing is'nt near as good as Georgia or some other brands I've tried. They hold it back for awhile, but it always soaks through after a few minutes.

I think I will next time. I have heck with boots, but the farm enviornment is pretty hard on them, especially every day. i try to keep them cleaned but I'd have to wash them everyday. I usually try to once a week anyways. The Carolina waterproofing is'nt near as good as Georgia or some other brands I've tried. They hold it back for awhile, but it always soaks through after a few minutes.

Bought a pair of carolina's this year sales man had great things to say about them. Ill be buying redwings again next year

I never got any good wear out of the carolina or georgia boots. Red wings always did pretty good. The logger style red wings say made in china now so I won't buy them.

I never got any good wear out of the carolina or georgia boots. Red wings always did pretty good. The logger style red wings say made in china now so I won't buy them.

I doubt I'll go with Georgia or Carolina again either. if I could find a pair that would last me two years I'd be happy.

Back