? for Jred dealers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nhlogga

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Can anyone explain why when the bag/ drag sale starts, no saws are available? I wanted to order a 2156 and was told they are on back order with no known delivery date. My dealer asked the same question and didnt get a straight answer. The Husky dealers seem to be able to get saws. Why cant jred dealers. Aren'r husky and nred saws made in the same factory? I got 2 jred dealers close by that are super to deal with. I really dont want to have tobuy a 357. It will not look right surrounded by red and black.

I think Jred is done producing the 2156 and 2159 (replacing them with the new husky 555/562 saws), so that may explain the back order. I will say this though, my dealer had some problems ordering them as well just recently and only got one in while he ordered 3.

my jonsered dealer is also a husky dealer and the jonsereds are the only shelves that are frequently empty, he said it wasn't getting the saws it is trying to keep them is the problem !!!

It has nothing to do with the bag-and-drag program. (which is a joke and I don't participate in) I also have 2166's on backorder, but it's just one of those things that happen from time to time. Stocking product is easier with Husky because they offer much longer terms and it allows me to "bulk up" on the better selling models. The shorter Jonsered terms mean that you have to tie up a lot of cash to keep a good inventory around. So, like most dealers I order just a few at a time to keep the shelf full. But with Husky, I'll order 20+ of a particular model at a time.

Specifically looking at the 2156/2159, this entire chassis both red and orange is on the way out. Whatever containers are on the way in are just about the last we are going to see. I just had a 2159 come in that was on backorder, (for J.Walker; I'll bring it up this Sunday). They had a whole container come in with the saws set up for .325, and they needed to have the rims and oil gears changed to 3/8 before they could ship them.

I think Jred is done producing the 2156 and 2159 (replacing them with the new husky 555/562 saws), so that may explain the back order. I will say this though, my dealer had some problems ordering them as well just recently and only got one in while he ordered 3.

Jonsered never made those saws - they were made at the Husky factory. :msp_wink:

It has nothing to do with the bag-and-drag program. (which is a joke and I don't participate in) I also have 2166's on backorder, but it's just one of those things that happen from time to time. Stocking product is easier with Husky because they offer much longer terms and it allows me to "bulk up" on the better selling models. The shorter Jonsered terms mean that you have to tie up a lot of cash to keep a good inventory around. So, like most dealers I order just a few at a time to keep the shelf full. But with Husky, I'll order 20+ of a particular model at a time.

Specifically looking at the 2156/2159, this entire chassis both red and orange is on the way out. Whatever containers are on the way in are just about the last we are going to see. I just had a 2159 come in that was on backorder, (for J.Walker; I'll bring it up this Sunday). They had a whole container come in with the saws set up for .325, and they needed to have the rims and oil gears changed to 3/8 before they could ship them.

The two dealers I use are not participating in the bag/drag program either. It just seems that this time of year the jonsered saws are back ordered.

Latest posts

Back