$$$ for milling on site

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milkie62

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I am near Albany NY and wonder if someone could give me a rough price on milling.Is it by the hour or bd ft.What is everyone charging about for setup fee ?

Around here they charge by both depending on the sawyer...

Approx $35 / hour or 25 cents per board foot.

Usually $25 set up fee

$15 to resharpen blade if a nail is hit

$30 to replace blade if broken.

Stittsville, Ontario - a bit north of Albany.

I charge $75/hr for residential customers (one-shot, not likely to be repeat customers)

20% discount down to $60/hr for trade customers - these would be farmers, golf courses, contractors etc - likely repeat business.

Within an hour of my home - no travel charge - otherwise $30/hr for travel but only one way.

No setup fee.

$35 for any band damage which requires more than a standard sharpen and set, otherwise no sharpening charges.

I will not cut by the board foot ... period.

cheers eh?

Hi: I no longer move my LM 2000 but generaly charge $.25 BF to mill your logs at my mill //$.35 if I stick it //More or less +- $.10 if I see some up comming problems or extra smooth sailing or a promess of more work etc.--you gotta be flexable /// EPA

I charge $75/hr, 2 hr minnimum. Time starts when I start setting up (my Lucas sets up in 15 minutes or less) It'll cost $30 if I hit metal that simply requires me to solder new tips on, $275 to replace a ruined blade (I've only ruined one so far, and I'm ashamed to say the log was mine) That said I scan for metal and foreign objects visually first, and with a handheld metal detector. If I detect metal I'll still offer to saw the customers log, sometimes after making an effort to cut out the metal with a chainsaw, and failing that, if the log is large enough, by trying to avoid the location of the metal.

I also charge for mileage there and back at .50/mile (which given the current trend in fuel prices may need to be increased soon)

Latest posts

Back