For the Jonsered guys

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pioneerguy600

Lost in Space
Staff member
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Friday the 13`th and not much going on today so I pulled a Johnny Red out of the box to clean up and see what it needs to be put back in use. Its a 670 and the first one I have worked on so I was surprised to find it only has one piston ring, it makes an even 160 lbs. comp. and the bore+piston are in great shape. After a thorough strip down and cleanup it got 6 new rubber AV mounts, new gas line with filter, carb kit, gas cap, another front handle as the one on it was broke on the clutch side and I swapped in a elbow and airfilter from a 266 Husky. It now runs real well but I have to find a replacement air filter cover for it as the hold down tab on the clutch side is broke off the cover. What models other than the 670 will fit this saw?
Pioneerguy600

Friday the 13`th and not much going on today so I pulled a Johnny Red out of the box to clean up and see what it needs to be put back in use. Its a 670 and the first one I have worked on so I was surprised to find it only has one piston ring, it makes an even 160 lbs. comp. and the bore+piston are in great shape. After a thorough strip down and cleanup it got 6 new rubber AV mounts, new gas line with filter, carb kit, gas cap, another front handle as the one on it was broke on the clutch side and I swapped in a elbow and airfilter from a 266 Husky. It now runs real well but I have to find a replacement air filter cover for it as the hold down tab on the clutch side is broke off the cover. What models other than the 670 will fit this saw?
Pioneerguy600

Nice find! The filter cover from the 630/625 will fit but you will need the smaller air filter for it to cover. I am not sure if a Husky equivalent will work or not, but it will surely be uglier.

Nice find! The filter cover from the 630/625 will fit but you will need the smaller air filter for it to cover. I am not sure if a Husky equivalent will work or not, but it will surely be uglier.

Ok thanks Lee. I will have to keep an eye peeled for one on ebay, got a long list of pieces required for a lot of saws that only need odd bits to make runners.

tell me about it.....grrrrrrr. It should not be a problem really if only I have little patience once I get a saw on my bench..... I envy retrired folks sometimes...:chainsaw:

My bench is only 30' long and if I put all the saws needing repair up on it there would not be a square foot of space to work in. LOL. A couple of years back I would usually work on only one saw until it was completed,then it got to be a couple then more as it took time to source parts but its out of control now as there are more than 30 awaiting parts and attention. That`s it, I have had it! No more saws!! LOL
Pioneerguy600

Latest posts

Back