For you wood whackers out there...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalmatian90

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Had to run up to Tractor Supply this afternoon (really good price on garden topsoil ... probably from Love Canal, but hey, it's cheap...) and decided to take the back way.

And I come around a corner and see this:

2014-04-05_16-51-20_188.jpg

And I was all like

attachment.php

Now I know it's timber...but man...how many years (decades) would that heat my house? And how much fun would that chainsaw play be :)

2014-04-05_16-51-58_638.jpg

Looking at the ground, I'm guessing they must've hauled that out and stacked when the ground was well and truly frozen this winter. My driveway is in worse shape then that field!

Don't know if they're waiting for mill prices to come up, or if the landowner wants them to wait until mud season is completely over before they start bringing trucks in to haul them off.

those
Had to run up to Tractor Supply this afternoon (really good price on garden topsoil ... probably from Love Canal, but hey, it's cheap...) and decided to take the back way.

And I come around a corner and see this:

View attachment 343030

And I was all like

attachment.php

Now I know it's timber...but man...how many years (decades) would that heat my house? And how much fun would that chainsaw play be :)

View attachment 343031

Looking at the ground, I'm guessing they must've hauled that out and stacked when the ground was well and truly frozen this winter. My driveway is in worse shape then that field!

Don't know if they're waiting for mill prices to come up, or if the landowner wants them to wait until mud season is completely over before they start bringing trucks in to haul them off.

Those are some big sticks!

Just the slabwood after they mill it would be a mountain. A decent pile for sure.

I went to tsc today, got a new compressor, yay! old one was toast, rebuild was almost as much as the new one I got on sale marked down. Now I can get back to working on small engines. Too much of a PITA without a compressor to clean things up first.

I had a trip up north of the 53rd today and I bet I drove past 30,000 cord at 8 different commercial operation and one provincial one. They make my pile look like a stack of twigs.....

Looking at the ground, I'm guessing they must've hauled that out and stacked when the ground was well and truly frozen this winter.

Maybe they are waiting for road restrictions to come off before trucking the wood. Haven't gone on here yet let alone come off.

No seasonal road restrictions in Connecticut, so that's not it. Not that many gravel roads around to worry about a law over it. Some of the state forest roads are gated off from January 1st until mud season is done.

Started planting my garden today and it was the first weekend the ground could've been worked -- it was still cold and muddy last weekend. Looked in my notes and the earliest I've planted before was 4/2 with a note that I could've planted two weeks earlier which shows how cold this March was.

Back