Ford with altec bucket help.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

subhunter

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hi all . I am in need of some help. I have a 1986 f8000 with a altec am450H boom. All was working great until today and now the boom will not raise or move. It seems as if a wire or something is disconnected and preventing it from moving.

I am new to the game of bucket trucks. So far this has been a good truck and lift. I have tried to chase the problem down and the only thing that I can see that is askew is at the rear of the truck where the hydraulic controls are. The control handles all have a {relay?} with a single wire going to them.Today the one that is for the "tool",the small contact inside the relay fell apart as I was working it back and forth..... I am uncertain if this actually is a relay or something else. I am also uncertain if this could cause the problem I am having.

What is this piece called? Please please help.

Anyone?

I have no clue honestly as to what else could be the issue. Bucket worked great three days ago and now nothing. Out riggers work still and so does capstan.

I wonder if/how I can bypass that switch?

Back