Fordson Super Major County.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TreeTopKid

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone remember the old Fordson Super Major County especially when fitted with a Cooper winch. I 'd love to acquire one as a project. Have they become collect able ( I bet they have they were awesome ), and what sort of money do they fetch.

I used to ride shotgun on one as a kid hence the interest.

Last edited:
not sure if this will help,
but you can search tractor pages, yesterdays tractor, fordson pages, a friend of mine just bought a fordson super major and he found some forums on those tractors specifically off one of those searches..... sorry I don't have the actual addresses

not sure if this will help,
but you can search tractor pages, yesterdays tractor, fordson pages, a friend of mine just bought a fordson super major and he found some forums on those tractors specifically off one of those searches..... sorry I don't have the actual addresses

Thanks I will check it out. I hope I can find a runner!

Are you talking the 4wd tractor think it was big country.

Yes it was 4WD I was I had a picture of the Ford with the four big wheels (Like a Muir Hill) in my head when I posted so I probably confused everybody. The cooper winch and anchor were mounted at the rear PTO. Thanks! It looked pretty much the same as the Fordson Major except it had the larger forward traction wheels/tires on the front.

Saw one of the fords on Cincinnati craigslist several months back. Wanted like 7 grand for it did come with a loader.

Like this?

fordson_super_dexta_roadless.jpg

hello treetop, I recently discovered a guy in saskatchewan canada. The buisness is called Briutish Tractor Wreckers, all he does is restore old british built tractors. I have a super major engine in my Timberjack skidder, He was my hero when I needed a starter, when mine became unrepairable. This chap donald parkinson, may have, or know of what you are looking for. when I was shopping for my skidder a few years back, the dealer had that exact machine you described sittng on the lot, he took it on trade for a skidder. good luck with your search, if I see something around I'll drop you a line. you can try(britishtractor.com) or call...306 228-3011

hello treetop, I recently discovered a guy in saskatchewan canada. The buisness is called Briutish Tractor Wreckers, all he does is restore old british built tractors. I have a super major engine in my Timberjack skidder, He was my hero when I needed a starter, when mine became unrepairable. This chap donald parkinson, may have, or know of what you are looking for. when I was shopping for my skidder a few years back, the dealer had that exact machine you described sittng on the lot, he took it on trade for a skidder. good luck with your search, if I see something around I'll drop you a line. you can try(britishtractor.com) or call...306 228-3011

Thank you very much Burlman I really appreciate it. I never thought of myself as being into tractor restoration but I've a lot of fond memories of the old mans Major, and others as well. It's something that I have now got to do. Make her look new then drag her round all the shows. I believe you might just have found the right man. thank s again.:)

There is a local ford dealer near me that has a big wheel FWD major he uses for pulling. Chambers Ford Tractor, Montgomery NY

I'll try and get a pic of it next time I'm out that way.

There is a local ford dealer near me that has a big wheel FWD major he uses for pulling. Chambers Ford Tractor, Montgomery NY

I'll try and get a pic of it next time I'm out that way.

I'd like that Dawzie I'll also post a picture of my brothers Tractor puller Major Aggro. It's extended, two full length Major Bonnets with a V12 fire engine motor, and a V8 diesel Scania truck engine slaved together. It was a massacre of two Majors but awesome too.

Back