Forester Mobility

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like. But how is he moving around the woods in shorts? That sounds like a lot of not fun to me.

I never understood why shorts when cutting with a chainsaw.
Even jeans give a minimal layer of protection by warning.
I would always wear baggy jeans because if the chain comes in light contact it pulls the jeans into the teeth and gives you that split second reaction time which has saved me before from a bad cut.

Anyway, just my rambling.

I never understood why shorts when cutting with a chainsaw.
Even jeans give a minimal layer of protection by warning.
I would always wear baggy jeans because if the chain comes in light contact it pulls the jeans into the teeth and gives you that split second reaction time which has saved me before from a bad cut.

Anyway, just my rambling.

Screw running a chainsaw, that’s not really a forester’s primary purpose.

I’m more thinking brambles, poison oak, wet ferns, sharp edged leaves (not a joke), snakes, spiders, ticks, general mild climate in the area that picture is taken, and all that other stuff that makes up a million mile long reason to wear long pants. Don’t even get me started on the athletic shoes…

Screw running a chainsaw, that’s not really a forester’s primary purpose.

I’m more thinking brambles, poison oak, wet ferns, sharp edged leaves (not a joke), snakes, spiders, ticks, general mild climate in the area that picture is taken, and all that other stuff that makes up a million mile long reason to wear long pants. Don’t even get me started on the athletic shoes…
stares down at his Chuck's... decides not to comment by commenting... (also scratches at the 3rd degree slag burn from welding in said Chucks...)

Never claimed to be a smart man

stares down at his Chuck's... decides not to comment by commenting... (also scratches at the 3rd degree slag burn from welding in said Chucks...)

Never claimed to be a smart man

I don’t judge…

All your Nicks are cork boots, right? Can’t wear those around the shop… For some reason or another. ;)

At least your Chucks are canvas that won’t shrink wrap your foot when they get hot with a decent rubber sole that puts more than a rubber skin and some foam between your feet and the ground.

I don’t judge…

All your Nicks are cork boots, right? Can’t wear those around the shop… For some reason or another. ;)

At least your Chucks are canvas that won’t shrink wrap your foot when they get hot with a decent rubber sole that puts more than a rubber skin and some foam between your feet and the ground.
I do have a pair of vibram Nick's but they live at home when I'm not "planning" on using them... Like most of my boots they are nearly knee high so tossing them on for a quick stroll isn't an efficient option.

The Chuck's are mostly for getting to and from the job, yet I still get some self righteous prick telling me how bad they are for my back and feet and and and... Its not like I work in them all day doodes, while they are wearing flip flops... really bruh?

I heerd tell that in New Zealand, foresters wear shorts and have scratched up legs.

Perhaps the Hampton guy has those zip off pants to wear while on a zipline? The ones where the legs zip off to make long pants into shorts?

One of the comments on the original facebook post was that they needed a sling for their dogs.

One advantage of this method is that it is a good test of deflection and one might use it as haywire to pull lines over for a skyline.

Back