Forestry and Logging Moderator

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to apologize for jumping to conclusions last night. I misunderstood what was goin on, and was thinkin that Pat's thread got banned for reasons other than what has been stated... Definitely can't have folks meetin up to fist fight over an internet thread. Sorry folks, I will try to be a little cooler headed on here from now on...was just defendin my Bro. Thanks to all the cool heads and their meaningful posts.

If your ears were burning yesterday, it was because the hooktender and I were on a vertical slope, climbing over felled trees that should not yet have been felled, saying unpleasant things about fallers. That's the way it goes sometimes.

Now Madhatte, You shall bring us good thing to eat and drink in June. And wear a tiara. :msp_drool:

The only thing I have a problem with (I've seen here) is someone posting something, then telling everyone what they can/can't say in reply to the topic!

Quite contrary to the spirit of the internet!

And that posting was political in nature. I wouldn't say to ban politics from this particular forum. Sometimes new laws come up which are of interest to those in a particular field of work. And in those cases it is interesting to hear both sides of an issue.

I guess that is where the "judgment" part of a moderator comes into play...

The only thing I have a problem with (I've seen here) is someone posting something, then telling everyone what they can/can't say in reply to the topic!

Quite contrary to the spirit of the internet!

And that posting was political in nature. I wouldn't say to ban politics from this particular forum. Sometimes new laws come up which are of interest to those in a particular field of work. And in those cases it is interesting to hear both sides of an issue.

I guess that is where the "judgment" part of a moderator comes into play...

We will try our best. We get daily reported posts, that are 16th century lame cut downs that a man should be able to handle and move on. It's all about the person reading it on how they want to take it.
Darin

Gettin' back to normal. Good going Nathan, Wumpum.

Redwood2-1.jpg

What are you standing around for, trees ain't gonna turn into boards by just lookin' at them.

Holy smokes! What the heck did I do?! I just read through this thread. I do not know why my thread was derailed but I have a fairly good Idea. It sounds like someone wants to have a fistycuff with me from some emails I received. How the heck can you guys read the thread anyhow. I have tried several times and it tells me that it is above my paygrade.

I have fell victim to the very thing I despise on this site, and that is carrying yourself other that you would in "real life" I would have never talked to anyone like that over something as trivial as this.....I logged on in a bad mood and the first post I saw made me angry so I went to hate typing. I cannot remember who it was that I attacked, but I want you to know that us actors are not very tuff at all and are not much fun to fight! LOL Seriously, I really would not have done that to you in person over this, so for what it's worth I'm........S........not pleased with my online behavior. As for fighting, I'm too busy trying to feed my family and having fun for any of that! To all my fellow ASers. My temper got the best of me and I do want to continue on here, so if you all will forgive my little tantrum I would sure like to get back to having fun with you all!

Many Thanks,

Pat

Hang around and have fun we need more real world experience to share the fun.

Back