Forestry for Carbon Credits

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Bad, You are also required to have a management plan before making a deal, so there aren't any sudden surprises.

We confused the guy with questions about new rules or finding a marbled murrelet tree, etc. He said they needed to figure that out. :dizzy:

Yeah, but it still sounds like yet another way to limit the amount we can harvest. Market conditions are enough of a limiting factor.

I'll give a full answer in the next day or two when I have more time. Right now I'm working on Cheer Leading and Boy Scout stuff. That's for two different kids!

The short answer is this, first off Indians are illegal aliens who came to California uninvited. They are called first settlers. Before they, the carnivorous first settlers, came here the deer and the elk and the fish played all day in the forest prime evil. The first settlers showed up and the blood began to spill. The deer and the elk and the fish now had to hide from the two legged killers called man.

Second those two legged beasts began a pattern of burning out the understory for their own needs such as creating killing fields and growing their crops. The results of their management by fire resulted in a California that was open and beautiful to more and more settlers. Those new settlers wore pants and rode horses and carried diseases. Later they switched to cars and dug for gold and spoke with an Austrian accent. California is in such bad shpe because the first settlers caused California, now called Collyfornia, to look un-naturally beautiful and attractive.

BTW I made up the part about the accent but all the rest is true. We have a University here so we are on the cutting edge of reality. The students' beliefs are shouted at us in the local fish wrappers.

i just assumed that that was the past"history"it cannot be changed,i just assumed all of that was water under the bridge?but i guess they have alot more time to mull over non issues in the universitys?woulda coulda shoulda never got anything done for me.i bet your carbon credits are sold right along with your coca colas at a place like that!

i just assumed that that was the past"history"it cannot be changed,i just assumed all of that was water under the bridge?but i guess they have alot more time to mull over non issues in the universitys?woulda coulda shoulda never got anything done for me.i bet your carbon credits are sold right along with your coca colas at a place like that!

LOL! Sorry but Coca-Cola is NOT PC! Is is sort of like the beret wearing wanna be hippie chics who drive a horribly smoking old Volvo with a bumper sticker on one side that says "meat is murder" and on the other side one that says "keep abortion legal". What exactlly do you stand for?

I don't think that fanatics of any persuasion have a concept of "water under the bridge". To some people here the Indians of the west coast (at least) are nothing more than meat eating illegal aliens who strode into Shangri-la and ruined the place. Hugo Chavez is the greatest man since Fidel Castro. They speak of Christians the way Joseph Goebbels spoke of the Jews. On and on, you can guess the rest.

LOL! Sorry but Coca-Cola is NOT PC! Is is sort of like the beret wearing wanna be hippie chics who drive a horribly smoking old Volvo with a bumper sticker on one side that says "meat is murder" and on the other side one that says "keep abortion legal". What exactlly do you stand for?

I don't think that fanatics of any persuasion have a concept of "water under the bridge". To some people here the Indians of the west coast (at least) are nothing more than meat eating illegal aliens who strode into Shangri-la and ruined the place. Hugo Chavez is the greatest man since Fidel Castro. They speak of Christians the way Joseph Goebbels spoke of the Jews. On and on, you can guess the rest.
i guess i better get accustomed to these issues!my sister a fairly liberal urban hippy and schoolteacher in these parts,has informed me that californians own her town,and are working their way through the state!as liberal as sis is she cannot stand the infiltrators!!!!!!its a mute issue at this point.our town is already controlled they have just yet to pull rank on us.those californians are sneaky!no disrespect to those of you on "the level"or anywhere close!but to me a smalltown boy from a town pop.600,they are the enemy!as they would claim of the native americans that have harvested the land previous to us.

To some people here the Indians of the west coast (at least) are nothing more than meat eating illegal aliens who strode into Shangri-la and ruined the place. Hugo Chavez is the greatest man since Fidel Castro. They speak of Christians the way Joseph Goebbels spoke of the Jews. On and on, you can guess the rest.

My wife (yes, in a volvo wagon w/ Georgia tags at the time) still laughs recalling a oh so progressive san fran urbanite giving her not just the finger, but the DOUBLE FINGER, for stopping at a yellow light. Musta needed a retreat to the meditation shangri-la.

I heard on the radio today that there is a "movement" by "environmentalists" to sequester carbon by pumping crude oil back into the ground. I think the process is to take crude off the tankers and pump it back down the wells around the world. Each country that extracts oil would be required to participate. Exceptionswould be granted to certain countries that need the income. Plus, any excess natural gas would also be pumped back under ground. (I think this part is already being done.)

The enviros want to create a local industry similar to recycling where people can bring in carbon containing materials like oils and receive money and carbon credits.

If this happens I'd imagine we will all be required to participate.

I heard on the radio today that there is a "movement" by "environmentalists" to sequester carbon by pumping crude oil back into the ground. I think the process is to take crude off the tankers and pump it back down the wells around the world. Each country that extracts oil would be required to participate. Exceptionswould be granted to certain countries that need the income. Plus, any excess natural gas would also be pumped back under ground. (I think this part is already being done.)

The enviros want to create a local industry similar to recycling where people can bring in carbon containing materials like oils and receive money and carbon credits.

If this happens I'd imagine we will all be required to participate.

now that is scary!!!!!the last time i heard?we are indebted a good part of the world?.....pumping oil back in.......?wow,and then where doest the money com from?i am no economics professor but,i always thought that you produce a "said"product for a particular demand,for hopefully a profit?that thought far exceeds the most farfetched retarded tree hugging crap i have ever heard!!!kind of like these hybrid cars depleting several of the most precious elements on the planet via massive open pit mining!(are we really gaining anything?)ive said it before i say it again,9 times out of ten(from what i have seen)it takes more energy to save the energy!!!thats my take

A lot of people in our part of the country don't like anything SPI does and they're quick to criticize and condemn anything they see as wrong. They don't have know anything about it, or even know what they're talking about...if SPI is doing it it must be wrong and harmful to the environment.

These same people are also among the first to complain bitterly when SPI closes a mill ( three have been closed so far) and the community suffers the loss of jobs, retail revenue, and taxes that these mills pay.

Anybody else see something wrong with all this?

Back