Forestry school

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyX3M

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi Im here in this Luua forestry school learning how to fell trees right- its all good and they probably will teatch me how to take a tree down right- and if I am lucky enough I could even find employer who's willing to belive that I can do that job- takeing down one tree in one day. But I am NOT a forester I'm A climber - so I'm always makeing shure that im safe first - then comes a property safety. But in no way thats too much for me- I always got some room for learning And if I'm any slower (useing their rules) I'd starve to death

never mind just spent five days in the woods learning how to be a forester- you just cant get to be certified arborist over here without knowing all about logging- and I think it's waste of time and money:buttkick:

Knowledge is good, I too, will go to school for Forestry, putting it of at the moment. Hopefully, for not too long!

When I did my first saw certs it was forestry based.Not something I hope ever to have to do as part of my work but having the knowledege can only be a good thing;)

you just cant get to be certified arborist over here without knowing all about logging- and I think it's waste of time and money:buttkick:

I hear you there, Tony. Will all the advocates of forestry training for arborists argue equally for arborist training for foresters? Should logging school include tree care training?

I hear you there, Tony. Will all the advocates of forestry training for arborists argue equally for arborist training for foresters? Should logging school include tree care training?

Why not, have you seen the damage loggers can do to trees that are to be left? Ruts waist deep running right next to standing trees exposing half their root system. Bark tore off trees. Tree canopies half tore off. I did it myself before getting some tree care training. While i don't do it full time any more, i am a much less destructive logger now that i actually know the damage that trees can have a hard time recovering from. And hints i've dropped has helped my brother's logging company be less destructive. I mention to him that i had to take down a tree that had half of it's root system exposed several years ago during a construction build and he starts thinking about the roots his skidder trails have exposed. Is this really a bad thing.
See, these guys go in, bang out the job, and never see that tract of land again. The tree care guys actually see what happens to trees a couple years after these things have happened to trees they care for. Most loggers don't think about the damage because they don't see the consequences.

just cause you all been thinking its fun

first one is called ""Can it be any sexier than sharpening my chain"

Last edited:
Back