Forgot my manners, folks...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred Wright

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
And I beg forgiveness for not posting this howdy do when I joined. :)

Found this site last year while researching our prospective wood burning project. Seems there is a helpful thread on just about any related topic here, even going back a few years. Thank you all for this... your expertise and references have been an immense help.

We're not pros; weekend firewood warriers to be honest. Cut for our own use, we don't sell. I did a few year's worth of cutting and splitting in the late '90s ~ with a little Homelite that wouldn't stay sharp to save my soul ~ but got out of it when the Big D came along. Now we have our own place and a woodlot next door... decided to make use of the free fuel.

Just on general principle here's what we're working with: Husky 353 with non-cat muffler, 16-ton electric Ramsplitter, JD lawn tractor with super lugs and steel dump cart to haul rounds to the house.

Have included some photos so you know I ain't here to BS or troll, lol. I can take my lumps. :D

Clean yer gutters troll.

J/K Welcome mate!

226969d1330624949-100_0798-jpg

Thanks guys. :)

Yeah... gutter cleaning is one of many spring projects to come. I've gotta get a new pressure washer ~ the old one gave up the ghost last year.

welcome aboard , we all started with similar motives and basic equipment , dont linger too long or you WILL be upgrading or adding toys sooner than later cheers jk

Yup... He'll want one of these pretty soon... Whether he needs it or not...:rock:
Cause they're SEXY!!!

attachment.php

Yeah... gutter cleaning is one of many spring projects to come. I've gotta get a new pressure washer ~ the old one gave up the ghost last year.

Welcome Fred.....that's a thread I have not seen before...who make the best pressure washer.

Welcome to the site. At first glance I thought That was my house, even same color. My gutter cleaning is the last job in the fall right after the last leaves are down. I don't like the stuff overwintering.

Harry K

Yup... He'll want one of these pretty soon... Whether he needs it or not...:rock:
Cause they're SEXY!!!

attachment.php

Hey Hedgerow, What do you think of that bad boy?

Nice bunch of guys on this forum. Rep sent to start you out.

Last edited:
Good to see you back and looks like you have plenty to keep you busy and some great reading in here!!!

Welcome to the site. Rep sent. I like your signature. No reason why anybody of any age shouldn't be able to buy a chainsaw.

And I beg forgiveness for not posting this howdy do when I joined. :)

I'd say that's better than 99% of us did upon joining

We're not pros; weekend firewood warriers to be honest. Cut for our own use, we don't sell. I did a few year's worth of cutting and splitting in the late '90s ~ with a little Homelite that wouldn't stay sharp to save my soul ~ but got out of it when the Big D came along. Now we have our own place and a woodlot next door... decided to make use of the free fuel.

You may have noticed that there is a slightly high proportion of users on here that are "chainsaw enthusiasts" ( a nicer term for people who are actually CAD certifiably loco). That's because AS is one of the best saw forums on the ole WWW. Your stuff will get the job done just fine as long as you maintain it well and remember - it's not who dies with the most saws that wins, it's whoever dies with the most cords of firewood. :D

Welcome Aboard..
Big Bars are Good, but how you use them is what counts..
Cheers..

Latest posts

Back