Found a early 10mm 044 today,,

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maulhead

maulhead

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Stihl 044 chdidn'taw - $450(North Platte)
< 1 of 3 >

01717_eyzSDKJoXUb_600x450.jpg

00J0J_7c7w6ycuqef_600x450.jpg

00404_avxxc1mBoDg_600x450.jpg

condition: excellent
make / manufacturer: Stihl
model name / number: 044

I purchased this saw new and it has only been used for my home use. Saw is in excellent condition, comes with 18" & 24" bars, 5 sharp chains, 3 splitting wedges, a bar cover and a small amount of bar oil.

He knocked $25 off the price since drove 100 miles to get it. I didn't even haggle with him, pulled out the money to pay him, and he said just give $425 I can tell you like the saw, I must not have had my poker face on :) :)

CapitaineHaddoc

CapitaineHaddoc

European Westcoaster
He knocked $25 off the price since drove 100 miles to get it. I didn't even haggle with him, pulled out the money to pay him, and he said just give $425 I can tell you like the saw, I must not have had my poker face on :) :)

That was not just a good deal, it was a good deal with a good guy. Enjoy your saw.

cgraham1

cgraham1

I feel old
Thanks guys! I probably won't use this 044 much,, I have a shelf with some loose screws that needs something to hold it down.....:)
Perfect job for a Stihl... when it's not holding a door open, anchoring a boat in place, or under the wheel of a truck to prevent it from rolling down a hill. Or so I've heard on AS. :laugh:
image.jpg

maulhead

maulhead

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Perfect job for a Stihl... when it's not holding a door open, anchoring a boat in place, or under the wheel of a truck to prevent it from rolling down a hill. Or so I've heard on AS. :laugh:
View attachment 444402

now, now, you cant go and believe everything you read online,

I think 044's a mean felling machine.... :)

bryanr2

bryanr2

Addicted to ArboristSite
How many of those 37 did you actually run steve :laugh:

:cheers:

You must have never ran a old recipe 362c ?

All. Used but not abused. lets see I never ran that 064 you got from me- cause you had paid b4 I picked it up. Other than that, ran em all. The 362 is the most disappointing saw (ported or not) that I have cut with.

Jon1212

Jon1212

Riff Raff Fart Knocker from other Forum's.
Yep, never have.... bc Im convinced the 262xp is the greatest 60cc saw ever made:rock:. WOuldnt mind giving a 590 a go though. Saws are just the last thing on my mind right now dealing with my little Madalyn's health.;)

My CS590 comment was "tongue in cheek" as that particular model has become the new "Woodcutting Messiah" here on AS.

Jed1124

Jed1124

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
10mm 044 is the ONLY stock saw I have ever been impressed with.... all others (37 to date) have had to go under the knife on Cuddle Ln.
Using Randy's old price of $250 to port a saw, that's $9250 in saw porting if you did all 37. That's not even CAD. I don't know what to call it. Maybe PCAD. Ported Chainsaw Adiction Disorder.:surprised3:

Latest posts