Four stroke chainsaw at Lowes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, I waded through the swamp of an international weenie waggle that this thread became to find that there is STILL NO VIDEO posted of someone actually running/cutting with this thing? C'mon man...
Go buy one and post such a video.

Or if someone is local, they're welcome to come borrow mine and make such a video.

Thinking on it more, setting up the camera and doing some cutting takes no time at all. The bigger issue for me is finding some reasonable size wood to cut. Already got my firewood for the next couple years handled, and had already cleaned up the storm damage by the time I got the saw.

So, if anyone in the Salem-ish area has a couple decent logs they'd sell me, reach out.

Looks slow, bulky, and underpowered IMHO.
I have the older model in that first video and it goes a hell of a lot harder than that! His is out of tune and has the chain over tight…

Both of those videos are dumb, I wouldn’t put much stock in either.

Seems silly to me consuming the crankcase oil.
Would need to be about 100cc to be of any use to me.
It’s not really, it’s consuming a small amount of the bar oil. Does mean you can only use engine oil as bar oil though which is a limitation and it’s a better design in the new ones with a dedicated engine oil sump.

Like anything, understand how it works and use it correctly and it’s fine ;)

I just want a supercharger on this little 4 stroke. How cool would that sound!
Wonder if you can get one small enough…

If they put reed valves in chain saws … double the hp. Now add power valve exhaust timing… now you’re pulling 36 hp out of 85 cc’s like my kids kx
That would be fun- taking the tiny little camshaft off to a speed shop for a regrind on the profile!

Some port polishing and maybe some bigger valves and off we go!

Although you could just put a nitrous kit on it :) And wait for the con rod to exit the casing!!

Latest posts

Back