Free poulan 2700!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never saw one of those. There is another style of 2700 on Acres site. It's like the 295 PP. I had a Craftsmen Best 2.8 Turbo that was like the 2700 on Acres site. There was also a yellow P.P. that was called Farm Hand that was same saw.
PP295 is 46cc as well but is a clamshell design. Nothin wrong with that but that's the main difference.

PP295 is 46cc as well but is a clamshell design. Nothin wrong with that but that's the main difference.
Poulan has 2 model 2700 saws. Check Acres site. One is the saw pictured and one is the clamshell model. I never knew they had one like this.

I knew I saw the clamshell model before when I was looking for parts for a saw I sold years ago. They had a carcus at one of the shops I go to and I picked some parts off of it for a Craftsman that my bud has up his camp.

Got the saw to sputter and Rev for maybe a minute this morning and then it went back to nothing. Going to try some other things and will update progress later.

Sent from my A573VC using Tapatalk

Poulan has 2 model 2700 saws. Check Acres site. One is the saw pictured and one is the clamshell model. I never knew they had one like this.

I knew I saw the clamshell model before when I was looking for parts for a saw I sold years ago. They had a carcus at one of the shops I go to and I picked some parts off of it for a Craftsman that my bud has up his camp.

2013 we were talking about the 2 2700's, info on them. http://chainsawrepair.createaforum.com/poulan/poulan-2700/

The bar is 16" 66DL 325 050.
Tip can be changed to 3/8 making it 60DL.

These are very good pro designed saws that will run with the best of them their size made today. The only bad catch to them is they were offered in 49 and 54cc which were the same saw and weight with more power so these are often over looked. The 60cc versions were even better and are my all time favorite firewood saw with the bigger carb, intake boot and different airfilter set up.

Carb kit is ordered!! Maybe soon it'll be cutting some wood

Sent from my A573VC using Tapatalk

I prefer this series of Poulan to the 3400/ 3700 series that everyone else seems to prefer.

Not me. I prefer these any day over the 3400-4000. Lighter, narrower and higher reving. Poulan didn't go backwards on these saws. It would've been nice to see what would've been next to come from Poulan after the 3450-3750 and 330-380.

Not me. I prefer these any day over the 3400-4000. Lighter, narrower and higher reving. Poulan didn't go backwards on these saws. It would've been nice to see what would've been next to come from Poulan after the 3450-3750 and 330-380.

These saws were made to directly compete with Stihls 026. I never was a fan of those 3400/3700 series of saws. OLD HEAVY and with that antiquated filter set-up that rivaled the other big slow heavy competition of that time. ( McColluch, Homelite) to name a few.

Has anyone ever run a 3.3 Craftsman side by side with one of those 3400's?

I know very little.

But have owned, rebuilt and sold way way way way = I think you get the point. 2.8 3.0 3.3 285 305 335 2700 2800 3000 3300
I've sold a lot of them too. Problem is they aren't worth that much and I kind of wish I had some of them back. I built a tricolored black blue yellow green Poulan 3300 sleeper saw once that would flat out destroy Husky 455's and 028/029 saws. It reminded you of an old VW beatle with the Porshe motor. I passed on a like new 3750 Timberman this summer that was in a resale shop near me. Still kicking myself over that one.

Back