Free saw thread what yal got

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I couldn`t list all the saws that I have gotten for free over the past years but the near new Husky 266 found in trash, a skil 1645, five complete Jonsereds with two incomplete parts saws, a real nice Stihl 026 that required a muffler and airfilter, that started me looking for parts and then got two more 026`s for parts but there was not anything wrong with them that took more than a few minutes to fix. One had a completely blocked muffler screen, took it out and tossed it, runs great, the other just had a new P@C installed but would not run, owner said I`m sick and tired of this saw get it out of here, offered to pay something for it but still said no . Took it home and the manifold clamp was never tightened and slipped off the jug on one side, pushed it in place ,tightened clamp and it fires and runs like a new saw should. Now I still need a parts saw to fix the first one I got.:cry: :cry:
Pioneerguy600

Husky 345 and stihl 028 and husky 257. the first needed a piston, and i got it goin. The other two are as i obtained them. In pieces still.

My Partner 5000Plus was a freebee that needed a carb kit and ringjob.
Just today someone gave me a 2nd Huskie 51 that looks too need a piston and rings.(maybe a cyl too not sure yet.) If so I'll do a big bore kit and make it a 55! :cheers:

OK, you ask for it. This is embarrassing but its the only free saw I've been given.
It says 3.25hp with 110V, 16" bar.
If I wire it to 220V will it be 6.5HP and pull a 32" bar?:chainsaw:
I think the results would be shocking:dizzy:

attachment.php

I got two Homelite Super 2's and made one runner out of them.

Funny I did the same thing a couple weeks ago. Gave the runner to a friend. So far I have aquired for free

Poulan 3400-main saw
Poulan 2300
3-Poulan XXV -Gave 2 away so far-other is back up
some big Partner that is on its way to NY tomorrow
Electric Eager Beaver 16"
Only paid for 1 saw-$20 for a XXV parts saw from fleabay

Stihl MS-180c - Practically brand new. Tried like heck to get my friend to keep it but he insisted I take it. :cheers:
Husqvarna 44 Rancher - DOA from my mother-in-law; now resurrected.

Freebie

I was given my choice:

Almost new Poulan 4218
or
Almost new McCulloch 36 cc X 16" bar (don't remember model number).

I took the Poulan (because of cc's). If I had to do it over again, I would go with the McCulloch as the Poulan should be spelled: POS-lan. Came with a new Husqvarna safety helmet with mesh face shield & hearing protection.

I like free.

JQ

Freebie

Nice lady gave me a Mcculloch 250. Couldn't just take it so I gave her $5.00 for luck. Brought the saw home, fired it up after a carb clean but found the saw missing a clutch spring. Anyone got one out there? Oh well, the price was right. :cheers: :clap: :cheers:
Jonsered 670 / 670 / 670 2050
630 / 630 / 2065 x 2
Husqvarna 254xp 261 new top end good now
Husqvarna 257 61 Slovenia 357XP never fired Tooooo many saws............ saw fever

Last edited:
all mine are free.

every saw i own is a hand me down. I got my homelite super ez ao from my friends gandfather. my grandfathers mac pro 10-10 auto from my dad. and a husky 33 from a friend. the 33 is in a box. lol wasnt built very well. and the previous owner doesnt maintain anything. the others run well for the most part and have been given brand new chains because. these hand me downs keep my house at 80 all winter.lol :cheers:

Last edited:
got a homelite xl-15 the other day for free, runs needs new diaphram in carb..

Pioneer/Partner P42HP was given to me by my father. Poulan Model 25 XXV (2), one I fixed for my Grandfather, the other one my Uncle gave me. Husqvarna 359 only because the rear tank was broke. Fiber glassed it back together 5 years ago. McCulloch Pro Mac 700, my buddy was tired of killing himself trying to start it. Of course I have to chase it down the cut bank. Stihl 051AV, its my parts saw for my other 051AV. PM Universal was in the top back corner of my Uncles shed. McCulloch 1-85 was given to me by my Grandfathers best friend. Stihl 036 Pro came from a friend of mine. Didn't want to mess with it.

I just recently got into this club with the following:

Stihl 021 - PC scored but a new set of rings may do the trick

Husky 2100 - needs air filter and av mounts

AND.......the "He Pig" Husky 3120xp. Need a new piston and air filter. (very, very happy about this last one)

IMG_2147.jpg

IMG_2149.jpg

IMG_2141.jpg

One of the latest free saws that I was given, actually had to cut up two small spruce windfalls, took all of ten mins but I was not going to charge for doing it and was offered this saw that they no longer wanted. Also was given another 041 that is not in quite as good of shape but has a near new 20" bar and chain, have not taken picts of it as yet.
Pioneerguy600

One of the latest free saws that I was given, actually had to cut up two small spruce windfalls, took all of ten mins but I was not going to charge for doing it and was offered this saw that they no longer wanted. Also was given another 041 that is not in quite as good of shape but has a near new 20" bar and chain, have not taken picts of it as yet.
Pioneerguy600
Nice score!

Latest posts

Back