Free Shigo session for students and teachers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Walsh

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
We finally have a date set for the next free session for students and teachers with Dr. Shigo. It will be Saturday, June 21, 2003. It will be held at the Sugar Shack in Barrington, NH (http://www.maplesugarshack.net/)

We begin the day at 9AM at the Sugar Shack with some lecture and discussion and usually spend the afternoon walking in the woods or looking at urban trees.

Please respond as soon as possible as we will cancel if there is no interest in this free session with Dr. Shigo.

We are also looking for a few hundred dollars of sponsorship to pay for the facility. This is designed for students but we will invite sponsors too.

Please email me if you have questions or are interested in sponsorship.

Thanks,

Tim Walsh

[email protected]

Originally posted by Tim Walsh
We finally have a date set for the next free session for students and teachers with Dr. Shigo. It will be Saturday, June 21, 2003. It will be held at the Sugar Shack in Barrington, NH (http://www.maplesugarshack.net/)

We begin the day at 9AM at the Sugar Shack with some lecture and discussion and usually spend the afternoon walking in the woods or looking at urban trees.

Please respond as soon as possible as we will cancel if there is no interest in this free session with Dr. Shigo.

We are also looking for a few hundred dollars of sponsorship to pay for the facility. This is designed for students but we will invite sponsors too.

Please email me if you have questions or are interested in sponsorship.

Thanks,

Tim Walsh

[email protected]

This is a real opportunity to sit with the grand old man of arboriculture in literally a one-to-one setting.

Write or call Tim to sign up. It will definitely be worth the trip. Take someone along if you can.

Bob Wulkowicz

So much to do!

Shigo: $275 round trip
ISA: $209 round trip
TCI: $98 round trip

Can't beat those airline tickets! Can't beat that line-up!

Nickrosis

Where did you get your Montreal tickets, Cheapest I could find is $215, though I did not try Expedia or Pricelines bid system. Don't know if I'll go yet.

Thanks to the (small number of) folks who attended this session.

We met at the Sugar Shack at 9AM on Saturday, discussed trees, education and philosophy until lunch time. After lunch we went out to the lake house for a walk in the woods with Dr. Shigo.

Well worth the admission price of $0.00.

We were unable to get any sponsors for this event, but hope to get some for the next session, which should be sometime early this fall.

Please let me know if you are interested in attending, sponsoring, or both.

Thanks,

TMW

[email protected]

Back