freebie

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doubletodd

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
some days I love my job!! As I have said before I sell parts and buy scrap for local salvage yard. today a guy comes in and says, I just have some junk to get rid of, a lawn mower and some steel and a chainsaw, I don't need any money, just want to clean up. [My ears perk up] let's take a look I say,very non-chalantly. He opens the lid on his truck bed,theres an old red craftsman.I say i'll just take the chainsaw out, maybe someone will want it.TEE-HEE:) You can put the rest in the bin out back.The boss actually charged me 5 bucks for the saw and a seat for my mower. get home,empty out old gas, refill with fresh,turn on switch and choke. pull pull, pull,pull,pull,vroom:greenchainsaw: idles ok chain fairly sharp so i dig into a slab and it cuts right through:clap: just says 3.7 17" on the side has manual oiler and new 18"bar shweeeet. I assume it is made by homelite, Anyone know much about them?
This is how it cad starts is'nt it

Last edited:
some days I love my job!! As I have said before I sell parts and buy scrap for local salvage yard. today a guy comes in and says, I just have some junk to get rid of, a lawn mower and some steel and a chainsaw, I don't need any money, just want to clean up. [My ears perk up] let's take a look I say,very non-chalantly. He opens the lid on his truck bed,theres an old red craftsman.I say i'll just take the chainsaw out, maybe someone will want it.TEE-HEE:) You can put the rest in the bin out back.The boss actually charged me 5 bucks for the saw and a seat for my mower. get home,empty out old gas, refill with fresh,turn on switch and choke. pull pull, pull,pull,pull,vroom:greenchainsaw: idles ok chain fairly sharp so i dig into a slab and it cuts right through:clap: just says 3.7 17" on the side has manual oiler and new 18"bar shweeeet. I assume it is made by homelite, Anyone know much about them?
This is how it cad starts is'nt it

I'm sure it ain't a re badged Homelite. Probably it was made by Roper. They were some of the better Craftsman saw made

We are at $225t for cars $300 for iron but I don't argue with anyone who wants to give it away. It makes it more expensive to buy stuff for me but people are bringing in cooler stuff. I bought a running cub cadet lawn tractor last week for about $50:)
SURE ARE ALOT OF CARS GETTING SCRAPPED

There's 3 or 4 school buses you can have for free if you come get them out of my neighbor's back 40. What an eye sore. Just don't mention my name to anyone in the process.

Ian

Latest posts

Back