Friction Rings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nor Cal

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm trying to get some feed back on Friction rings. Please tell me what the pros and cons are? I'm a little worried about using rings , instead of a branch.

Well, as long as they are in good condition they won't fail. I rarely use mine anymore. Not crazy about the bend radius it puts on my climbing line and it has caused my line to milk in the past. They are pretty handy when you want to rappel off a spar with the FS and prussic.

For the most they I think are good+ with the Steel rings the small ring will fit through thr large ring If you have a tree with no croches left after storm you spike up the tallest Lead and set this Steel friction saver chocker rope into the small ring and work the tree, after spike up to and remove the Friction saver, I still use both Aul. and steel rings saves a lot of rope and good on a Pole using a Friction saver with a Pursiks keeps your rope from being around the Log if it Splis And you can just repell out Have three 3 foot steel, 4 foot Aul rings and 6 foot Aul rings

Back