from start to finish,,my aching back

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

o8f150

Tree Freak
Reaction score
i posted some pics before of these logs, but we finally got everything done this morn. all split and ready to stack. we figured roughly 8+ cords of split wood. it is a nice mix of soft and hard woods...the first pic is the logs after we hauled them in,2nd is after they are cut to length and the last pics are the finished product.. almost forgot,that ugly dude that is supervising and leaning on the trailor is dhibbs75..just kidding dave,,,he is loading his trailor. we got lucky and got everything 50-50,,his length and our length,,so it worked out great,,
004-2.jpg

002-4.jpg

003-4.jpg

001-3.jpg

002-1.jpg

003-5.jpg

That was some serious work. Looks you you wre busy.. Should be proud of that job..

Ya got a lotta heat there o8150. You'll enjoy it in the form of winter heat.

I split and stacked 4 cords last weekend almost by myself. My son helped me for a couple hours. Man I'm glad that's over with. I cut a couple oaks the weekend before that. Unless something else comes up I'm done for the winter.

Life is good.

How long do you think you spent start to finish on that job? Was the bucking, splitting, etc all one day?

A buddy and I have loaded a 16'x6.5' trailer 5 times plus some in the bed of the truck and I'm wondering how much time it will take to get it all split. Almost all of it is cut to length, but there might be a bit more noodling to do on some of the larger pieces since we've been working with trees ranging from 26-50" in diameter.

How long do you think you spent start to finish on that job? Was the bucking, splitting, etc all one day?

A buddy and I have loaded a 16'x6.5' trailer 5 times plus some in the bed of the truck and I'm wondering how much time it will take to get it all split. Almost all of it is cut to length, but there might be a bit more noodling to do on some of the larger pieces since we've been working with trees ranging from 26-50" in diameter.

because of it being so hot it took about a month,,almost 2 weeks just to split

wife and i got about 90% of ours stacked and ended up with right at 3 1/2 cords and i believe dave ended up with the same amount or maybe a bit more,,,going to post a few pics tomorrow of the stacking

Back