From tree to table

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That takes some real talent and artistic ability! That first one is awesome to me.

Outstanding Work!
Man I'd like to have that table in the second pic.
Rep to you!
:cheers:

Thanks, that one was for a full body deer mount I did a few years ago for a 13 yr old kid, his dad had it done for him. It and the mount won 1 st place at the Minnesota deer classic " I think the taxidermist had more to do with that then the table though LOL

Very very nice! You have great talent an artistic eye!

I really like the finish and colors on the first one. Rep coming your way!

Bob

Brookpederson, thank you for taking the time to post pictures of your work. It is apparent that you posess significant talent.

I am an aspiring woodworker and I have just a few questions for you. Regarding the table in the second to last picture in your first post, what method of joinery did you use for the table top? Also, how did you plan for movement (swelling/shrinkage) so the partial breadboard ends remain flush with the side of the table?

With further consideration to wood movement, what is your preffered method of attaching a table top to its frame?

I understand I asked questions that may require in depth responses but please don't feel compelled to do so on my account.

Thanks in advance. And some rep for those beautiful artistic pieces.

Brookpederson, thank you for taking the time to post pictures of your work. It is apparent that you posess significant talent.

I am an aspiring woodworker and I have just a few questions for you. Regarding the table in the second to last picture in your first post, what method of joinery did you use for the table top? Also, how did you plan for movement (swelling/shrinkage) so the partial breadboard ends remain flush with the side of the table?

With further consideration to wood movement, what is your preffered

method of attaching a table top to its frame?

I understand I asked questions that may require in depth responses but please don't feel compelled to do so on my account.

Thanks in advance. And some rep for those beautiful artistic pieces.
Thanks, that table idea was to use up scraps and other odds and ends that are left over from other projects. Make big table out of small pieces! :msp_thumbup:
I,m not shire if I understand your question, but the pieces are fitted and glued together like puzzle pieces inside of a outer frame, till they fit tight.
If you use stable and dry wood you shouldn't have to much movement.
Hope that helps

Thanks, that table idea was to use up scraps and other odds and ends that are left over from other projects. Make big table out of small pieces! :msp_thumbup:
I,m not shire if I understand your question, but the pieces are fitted and glued together like puzzle pieces inside of a outer frame, till they fit tight.
If you use stable and dry wood you shouldn't have to much movement.
Hope that helps

I am sorry for the confusion. I understand the makings and the practicality of the table you're referencing. It is pretty. There is no better use for shop scraps than that.

I was initially wondering about the table in the second to last picture in your first post. The one that features the breadboard ends that aren't one complete board. That is sort of beside the point anyway. I was just wondering if you have ever had any issues with the edges of the table not remaining flush with the breadboard ends due to swelling and shrinking. And, if so, what have you engineered to mitigate the problem? I was also curious as to the type of joinery you used in the table top.

Maybe you haven't had any issues at all. It is just in my climate, humid summers and dry winters, compounded by my central hot air wood heat, furniture takes a beating. Heck, the chair that I'm using right now has a leg that's pulling away from the frame.

Anyway, as I stated in my previous post, no long-winded response is needed. You do some great work. Keep going on it. It gives people like me more motivation to become proficient in the craft of woodworking.

I am sorry for the confusion. I understand the makings and the practicality of the table you're referencing. It is pretty. There is no better use for shop scraps than that.

I was initially wondering about the table in the second to last picture in your first post. The one that features the breadboard ends that aren't one complete board. That is sort of beside the point anyway. I was just wondering if you have ever had any issues with the edges of the table not remaining flush with the breadboard ends due to swelling and shrinking. And, if so, what have you engineered to mitigate the problem? I was

also curious as to the type of joinery you used in the table top.
Maybe you haven't had any issues at all. It is just in my climate, humid summers and dry winters, compounded by my central hot air wood heat, furniture takes a beating. Heck, the chair that I'm using right now has a

leg that's pulling away from the frame.
Anyway, as I stated in my previous post, no long-winded response is needed. You do some great work. Keep going on it. It gives people like me more motivation to become proficient in the craft of woodworking.

Ohh that one, when you said breadboard I thought you meant the other one. It is glued and screwed to a substrate of plywood like you would atatch hardwood flooring to a subfloor.

Ohh that one, when you said breadboard I thought you meant the other one. It is glued and screwed to a substrate of plywood like you would atatch hardwood flooring to a subfloor.

Ahhh. That's a good idea. Must make for a sturdy table. Its seems like the kind of table that you would see holding a big feast of some sort. Now you've got my wheels turning. Thanks for the reply.

Back