Fuel/Oil Ratio - Which is Correct

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loggerhead

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
My older Poulan 2300's call for 1/2 pint (8 ozs.) of oil per gallon on the housing decal but the manual calls for 40:1 or 3.2 ounces per gallon. My 2 year old Poulan 2150 also calls for 40:1 or 3.2 ozs. I've been running them all at 40:1 with no problems...I never paid any attention to the decal and believe it is incorrect however...can anyone confirm?

;) Just run everything at 32:1 4oz to gallon and your saw will last almost indefinitly. I've read alot of responses about too much oil being "rich" which is a fallicy. The more oil in your fuel will cause the saw to run leaner if your prior mixture had less. The oil "flows" less than gas thru the jet circuit in the carb so by changing the oil ratio you need to pay attention to low and high speed adjustments. Just my opinion. I use a blend of castor/synthetic oil by Maxima...........it smells good tooo when it's burning.

What decade was that sticker printed? Everybody forgets to consider that mix ratios on 30+ year old saws were designed for the oil currently available at that time.

Why am I replying to yet another fuel mix thread? I gotta swear off these things. :rolleyes:

Sorry guys...I'm new at this and don't think about the ability to perform a search but will try harder...thanks for your responses and patience.

gee skwerl, i notice you didn't jump bark buster for his "spreading of confusion".

ya comin' over to the dark side?

Back