fuel vent Jonsered 2065

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am trying to determine where it is. When I fill the fuel tank, gas runs out the opposite side of the saw, not the top. When upright and fuel cap is on fuel does not run out. In an exploded diagram the fuel tank vent appears behind the cover that holds the chain brake assembly, but I need to see the other side of the diagram.
Thanks in advance

Most times, you gotta drop the rear handle out some. Remove both rear anti-vibe mount screws and just loosen the front 2. Then you can pivot the rear down some to gain access. Watch out for the throttle shaft/cable and the fuel line.... don't wanna stretch them out or break them.
See that little white looking pill thing just to the left of that black fuel line? BINGO

1640654255870.png

Cool beans! Some Husky saws have the same vent style. I just use a fine thread sheetrock screw, sharp pointy tip, threaded into the cover plug and pull em out. Can take a few tries if the screw lets loose....
Start with the white cover plug, about 4-5 turns in, pull it out. Then go back in for the actual vent part. Don't try to grab it all at 1 time...

Thanks , when the parts come I will let you know how it went. Need to replace the chain brake band at the same time.
Make sure to get OEM on the brake band, a lot of the aftermarket ones don't line up right and bind. On my China build 372xp I ended up replacing everything with OEM on the chain brake. I was able to modify the knockoff stuff to work but it ISN'T worth the hassle.

Make sure to get OEM on the brake band, a lot of the aftermarket ones don't line up right and bind. On my China build 372xp I ended up replacing everything with OEM on the chain brake. I was able to modify the knockoff stuff to work but it ISN'T worth the hassle.
The new parts are OEM but thanks for the tip

Parts came in and you were spot on about the fuel tank vent,was a little tight but great instructions and photo. Many thanks

Latest posts

Back