Fun find! not a chainsaw per se but cool none the less

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anybody want one for trade?

• yes i will trade my firstborn son (or daughter if she is above 25 and hot)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nope I only touch Stihls and they make up for the fact I cannot have children.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Anybody seen one of these before? its made in britain, by a swdish company. 30 some odd CC 2 stroke jack hammer/rotary drill! My friend bought two of these at a Japanese government surplus sale. they were made in 1985 and were used by fire rescue to punch holes in concrete structures and what not. jackhammer 1.JPG

Swedish brand, yellow... is that an Atlas-Copco perchance? It looks like one of their pre-Cobra Series petrol breakers.

any tips on setting carb? when tuning I was concerned as not being a chainsaw I could not test it in the "cut" for four stroke, but it seems that no matter how I set it I can barely get it to go full 2 stroke. if I go to far on the lean side it just stalls . like literally 1/16 of a turn out of max RPM's and it stalls, but at the Max RPM point it will barely, and I mean barely 2 stroke at WOT. I have no manuals for it our I would tune it to its factory RPM for our location.

I've never heard of a "Pico 13", but I am familiar with the "Pico 14".
On the 14, and later models such as the Pico 20 and early Cobra, both L and H screws should set 1.5 turns from full in. I have no idea if this will work on your petrol breaker as well but it's worth trying. These later machines came with Walbro's but I've heard (albeit not seen) some earlier ones came with Tillotson.

Again I don't know about your specific model, but the Pico 14 used an engine made by Kioritz (Echo) named "HEKB280": I have no idea if this was an engine made to Atlas-Copco's specifics or it's shared with something else. The engine serial number is usually on a metal tag near the starter.

With the amount of vibration associated with this piece, the first thing I would do, is to take the coverings off and make sure that all screws, related directly to the engine/carb., are tight.

Back