Future Firewood (pics)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalmatian90

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Was up in my woodlot today. Had a flu or something this past week, so I took it real easy this weekend. But finally went up in the woodlot this afternoon. Didn't actually get much wood cut, but I did open up a nice path, probably about 400' long from the road.

May not look like much, but I cleared a path in the middle of the pic so I could get my pickup into some firewood I wanted:
P3150012_small.jpg

Town's Recreation fields...I drive 1/2 mile around the block so I can come in the back way to my woodlot due to the steep hill between it and my house.
P3150014_small.jpg

My house is down there, somewhere...
P3150017_small.jpg

Object of my desire. Pulled down the old snag of a White Pine. The tree had a big "V" shape and half of it came down last year(?). There's a lot more on the ground which feels pretty solid, so I think that's next.

Makes for some end-of-season firewood for quick, hot fires to take the chill out.
P3150021_small.jpg

I had a large ash tree come down in last weeks wind storm.
Plus a oak tree that had weird landing when it fell.
I am going to have some fun with this one.
ash
BigAshtree309002.jpg

BigAshtree309011.jpg

oak
home008.jpg

Last edited:
Nice Cart Doc!...for a Club Car. :biggrinbounce2: I buried my Yami in the woods Saturday,on the 3rd tree I hooked to my winch broke :bang:

I need a month of dry sunny windy days before I'll get back in there.

Your right the ground is very soft ( muddy ) I went out and cut some of the oak but I am afraid I am going to have to wait for the ground to dry out before I can haul the wood out. I guess I am tired of being couped up all winter. I just wanted to saw some wood….

woods006.jpg

woods008.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back