G-oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lakeside53

Lakeside53

Stihl Wrenching
Any oil will work, even 30 weight motor oil... Question is whether it will work when your saw is at extremes (power, heat, cold etc), and give the expected lifetime of 1000's of hours. There is no short term test to prove whether it's any good or not.

They say it meets husky specs.. hmm.. wonder if Husky knows their good name is being used to push the oil...:monkey:

The company trades on pink-sheets...

tdi-rick

tdi-rick

Addicted to ArboristSite
Most all synthetic two stroke lubes (Redline, Motul, Castrol, Silkolene, etc) use an ester (synthetic) base oil.

To create an ester you have to esterfy a fat (alcohol/acid/heat) and a lot of things can be used for this, tallow and dripping being one, so it's nothing new, just depends on the quality of the product and if it meets the relevant specs.

Esters aren't used as extensively in synthetic car and diesel oils as they are generally more expensive than PAO's (think Mobil 1 and Amsoil) and Group III oils (hydrocracked petroleum oils, cheaper again), and they can get the desired results using lesser or no % of esters, although boutique brands like Redline, Neo and Motul still use esters extensively.
Mobil supposedly also still use a fair % of esters in their top of the range diesel oil, Delvac 1 and Fuchs (Silkolene's parent company) marketed the fact that their Titan GT 0w-20 synthetic oil was a coconut ester base.

Would I use G-Oil ?
Never heard of it and not available here, so I think I'll stick to my Castrol TTS and Motul 2T, thanks. ;)

Last edited: