Gallex/Galltrol for Crown Gall Problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey there,
I am a horticulture student trying my best to treat crown gall on a recently started (2-3) year mini orchard. I have read a bit about the agrobacteria radiobacter k84 strain and how it is essentially the only solution, other than pruning/management or killing/burning the plants. See, I was just put in charge of taking care of these trees and I feel I may be fighting an uphill battle. Are there other options for crown gall in fruit trees? Can I even purchase this bacteria without some sort of nursery license? Could I attempt to manage with pruning? Are there identifiable trees where this strain naturally occurs so that I could take soil around it with the bacteria and replace the soil around the infected trees with it? Or should I simply recommend all trees be killed/burned and replaced with resistant strains of these fruit trees. They have about 15 fruit trees, 14/15 being only a few years old. I would love some advice!!

As far as I know there is no effective treatment for crown gall. I've seen older trees resist it, young ones are usually toast. Hate to say this, remove the orchard. Replant in another location with resistant trees.

Latest posts

Back