Gas Tank Vent Question?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cicho69

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Would a gas tank vent relieve all internal pressure after the saw has been sitting for a day or two in a cool storage? I have a 460 that seems to hold a bit of pressure??? When opening the flippy cap one can hear a hiss/pressure release. Is this normal or do I need to replace the vent? Seems if it's a 'vent' there would be neutral or no pressure?

I wonder myself about that. What I think is that the vent is a one way thing. I get pressure in some of my saws sometimes, but I have no operating issues.

I notice that my Stihl, Pole Saw and Leaf Blower both release a lot of pressure every time I open the fuel cap, it even spits fuel out at times.MY Weed whacker does it at times also, whacker has flip cap, pole saw and blower have the New cap they went to a normal type cap. I have no running issues.

I hear a sound just about every time I open one of my Stihl saw's flippy caps I haven't notice any sound opening the old style caps on my Stihl's

Probably why I don't hear a sound the rest of the time is there are other noises around me at that time

I hear a sound just about every time I open one of my Stihl saw's flippy caps I haven't notice any sound opening the old style caps on my Stihl's

Probably why I don't hear a sound the rest of the time is there are other noises around me at that time

I hear the same thing on my XP's. Probably just venting some of that awesome raw power. ;)

Back