Gas without ethanol

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1.) How long do you keep that mixed fuel?

2.) Does allowing an engine to run out of fuel cause a lean condition?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I've used pre-mix fuel that was over 9 months old. I keep it in my shop, in a plastic gas can up off the floor. It stays more temperature consistent that way.

Stihl Inc. recommends dumping the fuel and then starting it back up and letting it idle until it dies. As soon as I say that it doesn't create a lean condition, others will be along shortly to say otherwise. Just you watch and see.

Never really thought about it but no fuel DOES also mean no oil but not sure it would be enough to really hurt anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went to the local co-op to get some kerosene and thought I would top up my car while I was there. They had ethanol free gas. It was about 20 cents a gallon more than the E10.

They had ethanol free gas. It was about 20 cents a gallon more than the E10.

That's a very good deal. Around here we can get it a number of places, but it is 40 to 60 cents a gallon more. Well worth it for the problems is avoids, though. That puregas.org website is a good resource for finding non-ethanol fuel, at regular gas stations, for a reasonable price. Seems like it is easier to find it in rural areas.

Back