Gate Arch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
new ones are at futureforestry.com or you can find used ones in the equipment for sale section of lumbermenonline.com. i am assuming that you are talking about the arches made for lifting logs and moving them.

A horse of a different color

He's not talking generally about arches made for lifting logs and moving them. He's asking specifically about a specialized arch whose maximum width allows it to roll through a gate opening, hence the name 'Gate Arch'.

This one's a lot more versatile, as compared to it's brother log arches, like the big tractor arch, or the slightly smaller Fetching Arch. Those beasts are made to move LOGS. The Gate Arch is exceedingly cool and is uniquely different in what it can do and how it does it.

Here's a few shots from last Summer. I need to dig through the collection and resize a few other recent images. Here's a few shots for now. I can answer questions as I've had one for about six months. What would you like to know?

I copied these upcoming images from The Art and Science, page 3

OK, here's a string of pictures copied over from http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=17120&page=1&pp=15
attachment_17060.php

Hand-towable, more than anything

pbtree said:
That looks like a pretty cool little tool... It looks like it can be towed? What do they run?

$980. An investment you won't regret. Yes they can be towed, but this one you don't want to go very fast.

I'm still pulling together a few more photos for you, Kevin and PeeBee.

I'm finding more and more ways to use it. I pulled out about 50 small stumps with it, they were saplings, up to wrist diameter, mostly mulberry. I have a special choker cable that goes around the stump, and a quick hookup to the arch.

POPS those suckers out. I don't have any photos for you on this project. It was, let us say, fast and dirty. And the arch better than half payed for itself in one morning!

This was interesting

Here I had to move an ordinarily clumsey (one-man) thing to move. With the gate arch, I think I could move 8 or 10, alone, with ease.

Back