Gave away a truck load of wood today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good on ya OP. It is nice being able to give to those that actually deserve it.

My wife works for the county transportation system and I get to hear all the time about the non deserving people we support with our tax dollars and people that abuse the system. Our tax dollars pay for meth heads to get their daily dose of drugs along with reimbursement for the mileage for driving to their appointment but yet we have vets that get less or nothing at all in the way of support. I say it all the time and will keep saying it that our society is jacked, judicial system is even worse and I won't even get into politics.

Rep your way.

Here in Maine, we pay the meth heads milage, EVEN IF THEY WALK!!
:bang:

Awesome! Everytime i see something like this it makes me want to do that for someone. Especially if they are a VET.

But...

Agreed. I just thought I would share.

I agree and feel the same way, however, by "tooting" you are also encouraging others to follow in your steps. Don't think of it as bragging because if it was you would have quickly been called out on the carpet. Sometimes it is wise to share these experiences with others. after reading they might be able to see the need of others in a more clear manner. Just think of how the world would look if we all got into a "help those in need contest" to see who could out do the other. I sometimes think that if we made a bigger deal out of some of this "Selfless" giving that we might have more of it. it's usually the small stuff that means the most so don't be looking for a "change the world" idea...just find someone hungry, cold, or lonely and do something simple...

My 2 cents...if someone chastizes you for "tooting" ask them when the last time they had something to "toot" about...just guessing it will be a short conversation.

Keep giving!!! Even if you never see it come back it feels so good!

I agree and feel the same way, however, by "tooting" you are also encouraging others to follow in your steps. Don't think of it as bragging because if it was you would have quickly been called out on the carpet. Sometimes it is wise to share these experiences with others. after reading they might be able to see the need of others in a more clear manner. Just think of how the world would look if we all got into a "help those in need contest" to see who could out do the other. I sometimes think that if we made a bigger deal out of some of this "Selfless" giving that we might have more of it. it's usually the small stuff that means the most so don't be looking for a "change the world" idea...just find someone hungry, cold, or lonely and do something simple...

My 2 cents...if someone chastizes you for "tooting" ask them when the last time they had something to "toot" about...just guessing it will be a short conversation.

Keep giving!!! Even if you never see it come back it feels so good!

:agree2::cheers:

I think we'd both like that. The only thing really he owes me is a couple good war stories:)

Don't ask......ever. Please.

You're doing the man a good deed, that's enough.

If he wants to talk about his "experience" ( never "war stories" ) , leave it up to him. You want to know about Nam, there are many, many books to Google or your library.

Latest posts

Back