GB double ender

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More pictures

Here are two more. Sorry it was dark. I will shoot a couple more pictures later.

Congrats!!!

That a nice gift!!! You much have one heck of a wife...Alot of women wouldnt understand.......

More pictures

It will be next week before I can mill it!! I can't wait! Have a blessed day.:)

I got a good one!!!

That a nice gift!!! You much have one heck of a wife...Alot of women wouldnt understand.......

She is!! I need to get her a small XL or an 015L or???????? I guess she needs 5 or 6 saws as well. LOL Have a blessed day.

Hey Trever, Heres a few heads up stuff that might come in handy. I also have a GB mill and I will tell you right away make sure you really tighten the locking mechinisim knob and check it frequently while your milling mine tends to loosen up from the vibration of the saw and obviously this is'nt conducive to getting a straight board I learned the hard way on my first go!! Also I have found its kinda a pain if you don't get your rails on the mill fairly square it causes binding that makes it hard to get you height gauges to go through the little slots on the black angle on each end of the mill at the bottoms, wished they made those gauges a bit longer if you drop your mill to 0 inches its kinda hard to get it back on track. When I get time I may try to make a simple second locking mech. so I don't gotta stress about wheter it loosened up or not its hard to tell while you cutting. If I were you I would reinforce your additional handles (pvc white ones) I took some 1/2 copper tubing and wraped the top and bottom till it fit snug and pushed it up through worked just fine. One more thing may want to find a way to stop your height gauges from coming out of the top from vibration I stuck some styrofoam packed on both sides to absorb some of the shock so they don't rattle out. Hope it helps all and all its a good mill but a couple issues to hone out so its a bit better!! Happy New Year take care irishcountry

Helpful hints!

Thank you Irishcountry for the advise. I will do the modifications to it.

Do you use uni-strut giudes or something else? Have a blessed New Year.

Nice looking set-up Trever! If your ever up in Ky. look me up and I will hook you up with some uni-strut. Looking forward to your milling pictures, good luck.

Thank you!

Nice looking set-up Trever! If your ever up in Ky. look me up and I will hook you up with some uni-strut. Looking forward to your milling pictures, good luck.

Thank you. I am located between Knoxville and Chattanooga on I-75 if you are ever this way. Give me a holler! Have a blessed day and pictures coming soon.:greenchainsaw:

I am currently working in London, Ky. One of the guys that is working with me there has a fiancee somewhere close to Knoxville that he goes to stay with a few times a week. We could probably work something out to get you some uni-strut if you are interested.

Hey Trever so far I have used different stuff , 2x4's , a ladder, but I finally found a guy that was selling some sign posts(metal) like you see holding up signs on the highways they were about 11 ft long so I bought a couple and will use them when they are needed but they are heavy and hard to deal with on a small log so i will probrobly make a guide board to lay flat on top of the log for a simpler set up especially on smaller logs. Have fun with the mill Happy New Year irishcountry

Uni-strut

I am currently working in London, Ky. One of the guys that is working with me there has a fiancee somewhere close to Knoxville that he goes to stay with a few times a week. We could probably work something out to get you some uni-strut if you are interested.

Thank you very much. I work in Knoxville not far from I-40. How much and how long of sticks do you have? Have a blessed day.:)

Thank you Dusty!!

I dont want anything for them. If we can figure out a way to get them to you they are yours. Do you want all five of them?

Dusty,

You are very kind Sir. I really appreciate this and will PM you with my contact information shortly. Thank you again and have a blessed day.:greenchainsaw:

Hey Trever so far I have used different stuff , 2x4's , a ladder, but I finally found a guy that was selling some sign posts(metal) like you see holding up signs on the highways they were about 11 ft long so I bought a couple and will use them when they are needed but they are heavy and hard to deal with on a small log so i will probrobly make a guide board to lay flat on top of the log for a simpler set up especially on smaller logs. Have fun with the mill Happy New Year irishcountry

Do you mean the squaretube with all the holes in it? If so, I think that's the best idea for guide rails I've heard so far. You can get different sizes that fit inside each other perfectly, so you could bolt & splice multiple pieces together for extra length. And you could use allthread rod to set the width quite easily like BobL does with his Unistrut rails, and never have to drill any holes to do it. I'm already going down to the steel shop today to check some other things out, so I'm going to check if they keep that stuff in stock or not. No money for it right now, but I'd like to know for the coming summer.

Unfortunately not the same stuff I have mine is kinda V shaped with a small tab on each top side if your looking down the length. I know what your talking about though and that would be ideal and like you said like BobL uses the all thread to adjust it you'd be good to go!! I really gotta make a guide board seems like for most of what I'll be doing it would work the best. Got some Christmas money burning a hole in my pocket might have to pick up a mini-mill now from Bailys which would complete my setup looking forward to the weather letting up a bit so I can get back out!! Thanks irishcountry

Latest posts

Back