GB Pro Ripping Chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodsurfer

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
A fellow on eBay is selling loops and reels of "GB Pro" ripping chain. Would fit my MS660 just fine. Anybody heard of or tried this chain? Otherwise, any strong preferences for the other well known brands (Oregon, Granberg, etc.)? I'm just getting my mill set-up together. :biggrinbounce2:

Thanks!

I finally googled the answer, GB is an Austalian company "GRIFFITHS & BEERENS Pty. Ltd." that is semi-famous for its chainsaw bars and accessories. :dizzy: I assume they are associated with the GB mill I've read about here. Their stuff looks nice. http://www.gbbar.com.au

Anyway, I assume the chain is a quality product and I may try it out.:chainsaw:

pricing seems to be aprox. what baileys and madsens charges. why not support AS sponsors if prices is aprox. the same...

The seller tells me it's Carlton chain, made in the US. I checked Bailey's and you are correct 046...WoodsmanPro chain is the same $$ or less. I'll go for that and support our sponsors. :clap:

Now I need to figure out whether to get conventional or Lucas style chain. Yikes, my ignorance is profound. :help:

Baileys says the Lucas is ground the same as conventional, but some cutters are removed - makes it double full skip - for better chain speed. I have a feeling conventional chain would work fine on my 32" bar...I'll let ya know!:cheers:

Back