Geckos or T2's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihlgotwood

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Once again i'm trying to cut weight and i've read what i could find on this site about the Geckos,but would like to here an update as to what people think of these two types of spurs.

I currently climb with Kleins with aluminum caps and 2 3/4" gaffs. These gaffs seem to be close to the geckos 2 1/8" european style gaffs.

My kleins - over 8lbs

Geckos - 4.3lbs

T2's - 4.7lbs

Thats alot of weight to cut. I know the geckos had possible failure problems a few years back but believe that is all cleared up now. The other thing i wonder about is the lenght diff. in the gaffs themselves (5/8" diff. between klein and gecko) will this be a problem?

One more question. You guys wearing the high cut boots (16 inches) Does the cap or pad (whatever your using) on the spur actually sit on top of the boot? and is it much more comfortable then the shorter boots?

Thanks to all

you should find something out about the komet spikes. i hear they are the bomb. i am in bashlin now and am thinking of getting out of them soon. and into the komets.

ask BostonBull about them. i think he knows whats up with them.

i'm going to try the Geckos this year.

i'm on buckingham titaniums now but i think there are better options out there.

you should find something out about the komet spikes. i hear they are the bomb. i am in bashlin now and am thinking of getting out of them soon. and into the komets.

ask BostonBull about them. i think he knows whats up with them.

Yeah, i looked at the komets but they are more money and more weight 6 3/4 lbs.

I also looked at the Antec spurs but couldn't find a weight on them and think maybee it was BostonBull talking about them in an old thread.

i own both t2 & gecko2. gecko, hands down:bowdown: i have t2 with new super wrap steel inserts i will sell if anyone wants em!!!

Geckos geckos geckos

I can't say enough positive things about the geckos. All other spikes I have worn can't compare. The fiberglass cuffs are super comfy, and i have never had an issue with the gaff length. I have a fellow climber who prefers his spikes to be a little on the heavier side as this makes him feel more secure when he is kicking in. I also am really fond of the overall shape, I have never once had issues with my ankle rubbing the shaft whereas on traditional straight shafted spikes I can feel my ankle bone occasionaly hitting the metal.

I wore the T2's for a season and i'll take my geckos anyday.

Haven't tried the komets yet.

super wraps

i own both t2 & gecko2. gecko, hands down:bowdown: i have t2 with new super wrap steel inserts i will sell if anyone wants em!!!

Hey WLL, have you ever used the aluminum "cadilac" pads,just want to know if the super wraps are more comfortable then them.

Hey WLL, have you ever used the aluminum "cadilac" pads,just want to know if the super wraps are more comfortable then them.
never used them, but i hope so because the sw/p are ****. i used t2 w/swp in 02 up till 07 and all i can say is thank you gecko

Last edited:
I love the geckos. Started out with a hand me down set of kleins with the t-pads and purchased a set of geckos and haven't looked back.

I have climbed in Bashlin (steel, aluminum and Ti), Klein (steel), Geckos, and now Komets (green leather and Blue plastic).

Hands down for weight and most importantly comfort! The Komets are awesome. I had a pair of the green leather padded ones for a month and they were OK, now I have the plastic ones (first pair in the country!!!!) and they are AWESOME!! I wouldn't switch to Geckos if YOU paid for them.

Check them out below.......
http://www.antec.fr/en/produits/produit.asp?ID=411

I have climbed in Bashlin (steel, aluminum and Ti), Klein (steel), Geckos, and now Komets (green leather and Blue plastic).

Hands down for weight and most importantly comfort! The Komets are awesome. I had a pair of the green leather padded ones for a month and they were OK, now I have the plastic ones (first pair in the country!!!!) and they are AWESOME!! I wouldn't switch to Geckos if YOU paid for them.

Check them out below.......
http://www.antec.fr/en/produits/produit.asp?ID=411

Hands down for weight - don't see that! - Geckos, to my knowledge are THE lightest on the market at 4.3lbs and komets are 6 3/4 lbs and antec axess are 6.6 lbs. (thanks for the site) The komets do look as comfortable though.
Please explain.

thanks

Hands down for weight - don't see that! - Geckos, to my knowledge are THE lightest on the market at 4.3lbs and komets are 6 3/4 lbs and antec axess are 6.6 lbs. (thanks for the site) The komets do look as comfortable though.
Please explain.

thanks

Weight for weight they are the most comfortable spikes I have been in! That means in simple english that NO MATTER the wieght these spikes are more comfortable than the Geckos T2's etc etc..........Hope that clears it up.

Thanks TReeCO!

Please still PM me for info. I feel bad for the guys who pay to advertise their prices, and I would be stepping on toes.

I will say we have plenty of them in stock.

Geckos

I see the komet in a fair here in Spain. Not bad, at least in the hands, don´t use these. I use the Geckos two years, and I love them. I put the Amerika big spikes, and don´t change this for nothing.

Back