Get to pick up my new stove tomorrow

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TriCountyLawn

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
After heating my shop with wood for the last 4-5 years Im going to put one in the house. So I started browsing all the garbage on craigslist. Found a Us Stove Magnolia about a year old for 500.00, hope I don't regret it.

Good for ya. I am the opposite, been heating the house and now looking for a stove for the shop. Probably just make me a quick barrel stove and just replace it every few years.

Remember to post pics of the unit, before and after install.

That's a good price for a good stove. The local stove shop had one on display last year, it cranks out the heat. :)

Good for ya. I am the opposite, been heating the house and now looking for a stove for the shop. Probably just make me a quick barrel stove and just replace it every few years.

Remember to post pics of the unit, before and after install.

I did the barrel stove thing for two seasons. It was good for one thing....disposing wood quickly. I picked a used forced air furnace style...hotblast I think it is. The guy had it in his house and upgraded. After a few years on it I certainly can see why. The stove I bought today the people loved but moved and It doesn't really work in their new home.

That's a good price for a good stove. The local stove shop had one on display last year, it cranks out the heat. :)

Thats good to hear !

2012-09-28_16-53-05_972.jpg

2012-09-28_16-53-19_641.jpg

After heating my shop with wood for the last 4-5 years Im going to put one in the house. So I started browsing all the garbage on craigslist. Found a Us Stove Magnolia about a year old for 500.00, hope I don't regret it.

I bought a new Magnolia toward the end of last years heating season to replace a V/C stove that had developed some cracks internaly. Unlike yours mine is the flat top version. Otherwise same,same. Just installed it yesterday and lit it off last night.It really pushes the heat even with the blower set on a low speed.I really think you'll be happy with it.

Nice looking stove. Good luck with it.

Thanks!

That stove looks great! Thanks for the pics. What was the temp there this morning?

Eh , it was only cold by end of summer standards...lol In the 40's ...Give me 40's in the spring and I would say its a heat wave..lol

It looks like it has never been fired. You said it was a yr. old, but is it "new". Looks like a very nice stove, good luck with install and use. Be sure to let us know what you think.

Ron

Yeah If there wasn't ash in it I would think its new also! Have one fire brick that cracked But the stove was moved a few times here and Im sure thats have that happened. Is there any way the glue a broken brick back in ?

The replacement fire bricks are inexpensive. As long as the bricks dont come apart and fall you can use them when broken, but really now is the best time to replace, before the stove is dirty and ash all over in it.

Ron

Have one fire brick that cracked But the stove was moved a few times here and Im sure thats have that happened. Is there any way the glue a broken brick back in ?

The firebricks aren't glued or otherwise attached in the stove. They just set there. You can pull them out by hand.

Aside from refractory cement, I'm unaware of a method for repairing broken firebrick. A broken brick won't adversely affect stove operation if it's in position with no gaps.

If you'd prefer to replace it, firebricks are available from US Stove. They come in packs of six. We got a pack at Amazon last year to replace ones I broke by overstuffing the stove with too-big rounds. I won't be doing that again. ;)

The firebricks aren't glued or otherwise attached in the stove. They just set there. You can pull them out by hand.

Aside from refractory cement, I'm unaware of a method for repairing broken firebrick. A broken brick won't adversely affect stove operation if it's in position with no gaps.

If you'd prefer to replace it, firebricks are available from US Stove. They come in packs of six. We got a pack at Amazon last year to replace ones I broke by overstuffing the stove with too-big rounds. I won't be doing that again. ;)

I have the same stove and as I was preparing to move it I removed all the weight from it. That is all the weight except the brick which are glued in place. Apparently to prevent damage during transport.

Back