Getting firewood, some different scenery

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Locoweed

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Most of the pics I see here on the forum are from the PNW or the North East. Typically showing snow, big trees and cutting down live trees for wood. Usually I cut oak that is already down, preferably with the bark loose or already off. That also means that most of the small twigs are gone as well. Today I was cutting a load for a older lady in town that I help out, so I went for smaller stuff than I usually try to get.

From the gate, here is a picture of the area I cut in most of the time. The floor of the valley is about a mile in altitude and I will be going back in about 2 miles to cut along a area that was cleared for a water line.

attachment.php

Here is where I cut yesterday with a bit of scenic background. That is McDonald Observatory and the domes are at 6791'

attachment.php

Where I will cut today.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Some typical small stuff.

attachment.php

+1

:agree2:

That does look like beautiful country out there and similar to some spots out here where I live.

GM

White Tail, Mule Deer, Javelina, Mountain Lion, Turkey, Feral Hogs, Coyotes, Aoudad and in the open flats, Pronghorn Antelope. Some of the ranchers make more off from hunting than cattle.

When I quit, around 11:30, it was above 60° and I was getting pretty warm. After unloading the wood, I was a bit past that. :greenchainsaw:

Last edited:
Nice pics!

Nice pics! Thanks for helping out others! What other things do you do for her? Too many times we are too busy to stop and help others.

There is a family in the church I go to who has adopted a few kids (4-6 not sure). The dad is very overweight and walks with two canes. It's painful for me to watch him walk!

A friend, from the same church, came over to help me cut wood. He brought some of the boys from this family to help. They did a good job. I talked to this guy last Sunday and told him that I would like to repay what his boys gave me by helping them with their wood. I couldn't imagine this guy running a saw, much less splitting with a maul, however, he said that he does both. I have my FILs splitter and am planning on going over and splitting the elm that he cut. He said that they put in a ODW and it has saved them lots on their heating bill.

I'm going to call my buddy and check with him when would be a good time for him to go over there with me. That would be a good idea....I have no clue as to where they live.

PAY IT FORWARD​

Dan

Back