Getting my arborist licensce??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martin1968

Reaction score
Hello All, I want to get my arborist license in Connecticut. I am a landscaper looking to get more into tree service...."the right way"! What are the steps to getting an arborist license, how long does it take and does anyone know where top get the best arbor license education? Any and all information will be greatly appreciated! Happy cutting!

Ya need to go too work for one,( an Arborist) just to be sure this is something you want, while at the same time getting the education that you cannot buy.

I'm not sure if you own your own business or not. If you do, hiring a cert arborist may not be a bad way to go. That way you can learn from him and at the same time, he adds a new facet to your business. Win win situation.

Well, to get the license you would do well to take the CTPA course "arbor 101" that should help you. However what is your background and why are you looking to get more into tree work? Taking the course is all well and good, but you need to have a working knowledge of the work that is actually being done, and that's not exactly something that you can get through the CTPA program.

Latest posts

Back