Getting out of the business

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackdiesel

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Looks like i've cut my last commercial load of firewood. Couldn't come to terms on my contract with my local lodge for the new season. Going to college to become an engineer with a little bit of studying and a whole lotta luck hahaha.

Hope you boys are having better luck out there. If theres anyone close to the Hollister Missouri area interested in bidding on this contract i can get you the places information. And sell you all the machinery you'll need:greenchainsaw: :greenchainsaw:

Mechanical for sure. may get an associates in neuclar also. Petroleum would be sweet too, they get better money

Last edited:
Hollister isn't far from me. But I have a good job already. What about IndianSprings?

I am in contact with him. not sure if he'll go for it or not. but from what he's posted it would be a major improvemnt per cord over what he's getting now

Mechanical for sure. may get an associates in neuclar also. Petroleum would be sweet too, they get better money

That's were my sis just went last year. Got her BA in engineering, going for a master's while working. Good luck brother, and keep your chains sharp, you'll pull them out again :cheers:

Thanks everyone. Started college in January. I've been out of high school for two years so it took a little bit to get back in the swing of things. I finally decided I want more $$$ and an air conditioned office haha

Thanks everyone. Started college in January. I've been out of high school for two years so it took a little bit to get back in the swing of things. I finally decided I want more $$$ and an air conditioned office haha

Good luck. :cheers:

Thank you very much for the PM and information. If we succeed we'll try to help you out on equipment. I think your headed on the right track, you can always cut wood for enjoyment, we'll prolly stay in the business until the kids graduate college and then shut it down as well, still have a few years left I'm afraid. I'll be in touch once I find out something!

good luck man. i spent 5 years getting a forest engineering degree, now chip brush for little pay and less respect. working towards being my own boss but its a long road.

study hard, when i was in school i was just worried about passing the tests. now that im in the real world, theres lots of things i never bothered to really understand that ive had to relearn.

Thank you very much for the PM and information. If we succeed we'll try to help you out on equipment. I think your headed on the right track, you can always cut wood for enjoyment, we'll prolly stay in the business until the kids graduate college and then shut it down as well, still have a few years left I'm afraid. I'll be in touch once I find out something!

Your pm box is full

Latest posts

Back