Getting ready. 2023.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmer steve

outstanding in my field, 5150
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
After 30 years of planting sweet corn with an old ford cornplanter I broke down and bought a new planter. Not cheap but being able to plant no-till will save me time and fuel as well as being able to get a better stand of corn and not be using as much seed and fertilizer ]. Hoping to possibly be able to plant pumpkins and soybeans with it.
1671278007430.png

After 30 years of planting sweet corn with an old ford cornplanter I broke down and bought a new planter. Not cheap but being able to plant no-till will save me time and fuel as well as being able to get a better stand of corn and not be using as much seed and fertilizer ]. Hoping to possibly be able to plant pumpkins and soybeans with it.
View attachment 1041478
you do know, that painted green color, makes any parts for it super expensive, NO?????

Good morning Steve!
We do have an owners manual, just a single set of corn plates.
The fertilizer hopper and agitater are in rough shape. Been soaking them, a good reminder for me to check them.
One of the hinged plate that the seed hopper sits on is broken, have not addressed that yet.

Good morning Steve!
We do have an owners manual, just a single set of corn plates.
The fertilizer hopper and agitater are in rough shape. Been soaking them, a good reminder for me to check them.
One of the hinged plate that the seed hopper sits on is broken, have not addressed that yet.
I haven't checked for a while but plates were available from ford/new holland dealers. I do see parts and pieces on facebook market place at times.

Back